CAN WE MATCH ST HELENS AND BRADFORD

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
inkerman

CAN WE MATCH ST HELENS AND BRADFORD

Post by inkerman »

I fear that with the present squad we will be at best, in third place next season. I hope I am wrong but the Saints and Bradford appear on paper far better teams than ourselves.
elvis

3rd place 2003 season

Post by elvis »

Yes third place is probably were we will end up. But as long as the team is entertaining I will be quite happy. However, if we dont improve the following season I can see a big drop in attendances Wiganers will not support a middle of the road team for long.
John M

On paper

Post by John M »

At this time of the year its all down to what we look like on paper and looking on paper we dont look great do we? We look light in the forwards whilst our centres are a bit of an unknown.
Having said that who would of thought that we would end up trophyless in 2001.I remember looking at the team on paper and thinking with players like Lam,Johns,Furner,Renouf etc no one would live with us.That year we got hammered at KR in the 4 th round of the CC and then got flogged by Bradford in the GF.
Anything can happen once the season gets underway,Bradford and Saints could suffer a massive injury crisis.
IMO Leeds will be a top team next year.If they can keep their players fit they will be very tough to beat whilst Hull could go one step further.
On paper though we dont look like breaking any china.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
DaveO

Saints and Bradford

Post by DaveO »

I think we can match Saints. We did last season and only fell at the last hurdle when we had no team left.

The side I fear is Bradford who are physically big and also Leeds seem to be going that route.

If they can keep Furner fit he will cause lots of problems alongside their other big men.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Leeds

Post by Mike »

I don't rate Leed's this year. They've just got rid
of half their squad and only have 17 men named so far. How can they expect to gel for this season. I expect Hull to replace them as the fourth best team this year, although they have their own problems.
London may improve, but I don't expect much from Halifax or Wakefield becasue of their financial problems. Castleford are pretenders with no substance, but if they step up this year I will have to eat my words.

If confidence has any influence, how about an outside bet on Huddersfield to spring a supprise and finish 4th in the SL table this year???

Below the first three, I think SL is wide open for 4th 5th and 6th places in the playoffs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wiganmadness

I have to disagree

Post by wiganmadness »

I don't think anyone can say what we will be like this season coming as on paper dosn't mean on the pitch.
Its not about what players you have although it does help!but what you do with them and as wigan had not won a trophy since 1998 until last year and i dont think anyone expected that i say anything is possib
come on you wigan!