Fans outside of Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cantonwarrior78

Fans outside of Wigan

Post by cantonwarrior78 »

Just wandered if there were any fans from Wales (South Wales) travel up for home games. A big fan and today was 3rd time watching them live in the last 2 seasons. Really.enjoyed as always and have had a great weekend in Wigan.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Fans outside of Wigan

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wigan RL have fans from all over the place. It's because they are the most famous RL team in the World!
Welcome Cantonwarrior to the Ancient and Loyal Club, #18.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Welcome indeed! I lived in Wiltshire until very recently, so I'm all too familiar with that long haul up the M5/M6!
I shortened that trip by moving to Wigan :)

And I would echo what you said about enjoyable weekends; I found the same, and it was no small factor in me deciding to make the move here.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Welcome to the madhouse lol .

Driving up the M6 last night reminded how much we love this club . I hate that road with a passion ha ha ha . Trans and planes the preferred option these days but not always possible .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

I'm in Stafford, The M6 on a Friday evening is fun when driving up for matches. Rarely takes longer than an hour to get back but getting up can be horrendous. I don't know what they've done to the Saddle junction but since they made the "Improvements" to it, the A49 on matchdays is dreadful!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Welcome to the madhouse lol .

Driving up the M6 last night reminded how much we love this club . I hate that road with a passion ha ha ha . Trans and planes the preferred option these days but not always possible .

Regards , EW
#

Yesterday been from North Wales was a pleasure to drive A55 no cones and no caravans and little lorries. M56 1 small hold up. M6 pleasant drive up and down. Even drive to the Stadium was impeccable.

Next game will be like this.

A55 traffic cones every mile, M56 hold ups from Junction 9 to 15. M6 Tail backs till turning to Wigan. Road to Ground nightmare.

Thing is never mind conditions or traffic will still try to see as many as I can. Though getting home for 6.40pm yesterday was nice.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I've lived in Morley, south of Leeds for over 50 years. Used to go to majority of home games at CP when they were on Sundays, kids were young and my parents lived in Winstanley.

Friday nights' M62 traffic, lads tied up with families so I now see 2 or 3 home games a year. Fortunately Leeds, (Bradford), Cas, Wakey, Huddersfield all within 12 miles or so and Hull is an easy 1 hour trip.

I'm sure some will say I'm not a true fan, but just got worn down over time with Friday travelling. I admire EW and others who do longer trips regularly - good on yer!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote: Yesterday been from North Wales was a pleasure to drive A55 no cones and no caravans and little lorries. M56 1 small hold up. M6 pleasant drive up and down. Even drive to the Stadium was impeccable.

Next game will be like this.

A55 traffic cones every mile, M56 hold ups from Junction 9 to 15. M6 Tail backs till turning to Wigan. Road to Ground nightmare.

Thing is never mind conditions or traffic will still try to see as many as I can. Though getting home for 6.40pm yesterday was nice.
A similar story for me from Chester. Friday nights can be a pain going north particularly once you hit the M6.

As I stay to the end of the games I am also sometimes unlucky enough to get caught in any overnight roadworks on the way home as lanes start to be coned off just as I hit them (but also my own fault for stopping off at tesco's for some beer usually!).

A couple of weeks back they even closed the M6 meaning I had to divert through St Helens and over Runcorn bridge. A right pain that was.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i find it or reet travelling in from Hindley
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Every credit to you.
My Grandad lived in Hindley and went religiously every week.
He died aged 83 after a week of illness but he kept going till then.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield