Clubb Man

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Clubb Man

Post by josie andrews »

Writing in his latest Clubb Man blog, Tony Clubb says he is itching to get back into training after successfully having surgery to remove one of his kidneys.
The Wigan prop recently went under the knife after doctors diagnosed he had a kink in a tube leading into his one of his kidneys

Updating fans, Clubb wrote: “I had my surgery last Wednesday over in Salford, which took about four and a half hours and then I stayed in overnight to recover. The operation went well but I didn’t feel too good when I came round so it was Thursday evening before I got to go back home. I’ve been a bit sore for a few days, the simplest things like getting out of bed and picking up the kids have been much harder but as each day goes on I’m feeling a lot more like myself and just want to get back to normal now.

“I’m a bit impatient so being unable to get out of the house has got on my nerves but I went for a walk yesterday (Tuesday) morning which was nice, the weather was good and it was good not being stuck inside, but I felt really well in myself too.

“The surgeon saw me on Monday and he’s really happy with how I’m healing so it looks like I’m on track now and it’s one less thing to worry about, it’s no longer in the back of my mind.”

Clubb said he hopes to be back in training soon and might be fit enough to make the trip over to Swinton to support the boys on Sunday.

“Hopefully I can get back to training next week now,” he continued.

“It’ll be a slow process, kind of like last season when I recovered from my neck injury, but I’ll be glad to get back to work. It’ll be light work for a little while, getting my muscles back working and doing some core training – not that I had any core in the first place! Then before I know it I should be back in full training with the lads and back on the field helping the team out.

“I’m hoping to get over to Swinton this weekend to support the boys in the Challenge Cup. That should be good, both sides will be well up for it and there’s a lot at stake. It’s our chance to carry on from the World Club Challenge win and we all want to make it two from two.”

To see Tony’s full blog CLICK HERE.
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/clubb-man? ... man-2017-8

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... u03ukJA.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan