Liam Farrell Q&A

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Liam Farrell Q&A

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Farrell visited St James’ Park on Monday as the Warriors’ representative at the 2017 Dacia Magic Weekend launch.

We caught up with the second-row forward to get his thoughts on the weekend and for an update on the mood in the camp.

Faz, you spent the day up in Newcastle on Monday at the Magic Weekend launch.

What do you make of St James’ Park?

Yeah I’ve not actually played there before, I’ve missed the last two through injury, the ground itself is pretty big and a bit daunting and it looks like when there’s a good number of fans in there it’s going to make for a great atmosphere.

What’s the mood in the camp like following the Swinton game?

Everyone’s just happy to get through to the next round. Obviously we’ve drawn Warrington and that’s a tough fixture but you have to beat the best to win the Cup. We’re happy with the draw and we’ll see what we can do in the next round. We’re coming up against Warrington this weekend and we’re expecting a tough game because they’ve got a lot of quality players.

Were you a bit surprised with how Warrington started the season?

I was, I didn’t think they would perform like they did but I don’t think they did either. I think you can tell they’ve been doing everything they can to hit some form and they’ve done that now, they’ve been one of the best sides over the last month or so. We know that they’re going to turn up and be physical so we have to make sure we match that.

Wigan face Warrington for the second time this season having won 38-16 at the Halliwell Jones Stadium

Does the cup draw make this weekend’s game more interesting?

I think both teams know a lot about each other, we’ve a lot of previous meetings and have shown where each others’ strengths and weaknesses are. We know what we have to do, they’ve got a lot of good players so we won’t be taking anything for granted.

Stefan Ratchford is one of those (good players), Daryl Clark out of hooker working behind the likes of Chris Hill, Mike Cooper and Dom Crosby who all go really well for them. They’ve got real strength in their pack and then their outside backs, the likes of Matty Russell who can cause any side problems. I could name all of their team, there’s a lot of trouble across the field but we can cause them problems too and we’ll make sure we look to do that on Saturday.

A record number of fans have bought tickets through the club so the Cherry and White army will be here in numbers on Saturday.

Nothing surprises me with our fans, they turn out wherever we go and they certainly showed that when we went out to Australia a few years ago. We know it will be a decent turnout from them this weekend and that just motivates us more to put in a good performance on Saturday.

Wigan face Warrington Wolves at the 2017 Dacia Magic Weekend on Saturday 20 May, 7pm with tickets available direct from the club.

To book tickets and coach travel click HERE, https://www.eticketing.co.uk/wiganwarriors/default.aspx
call 0871 6633 552 or visit the DW Stadium Ticket Office in person.

(Calls cost 10 pence per minute from a BT Landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may cost more)

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... I8CYEJT.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan