Injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Injuries

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Who's on the injury list now and what is their expected return?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Re: Injuries

Post by josie andrews »

Joel was a late withdrawal after the warm up. Callum Field replaced him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Post by markill »

Joel T, Forsyth - unknown length, pulled up or went off last night
Woods - not seen timeframe mentioned yet but didn't play 19s last night I don't think
Gildart - couple of weeks maybe?
Sam T, Bateman - June sometime
Clubb - June/July? back in training
Bretherton - July?
Gelling - nothing announced, July/August?? total guess
Manfredi - August?
Flower - season ended?
Shorrocks, Escare - out for season

I can only assume it's selection with Navarrete as I haven't seen him reported as injured. Everyone else who has featured this year was in the 19 for Saints, played for u19s last night, or is out on loan...I think.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

markill wrote:Joel T, Forsyth - unknown length, pulled up or went off last night
Woods - not seen timeframe mentioned yet but didn't play 19s last night I don't think
Bretherton - July?
Manfredi - August?
Flower - season ended?

I can only assume it's selection with Navarrete as I haven't seen him reported as injured. Everyone else who has featured this year was in the 19 for Saints, played for u19s last night, or is out on loan...I think.
I would expect Batty and Sam to be back for the cup-tie. According to Josie Brethy was only side-lined for two weeks,
I think I read somewhere that's Gells was out for six weeks and therefore should be available for the Wire game. Oli I thought was end of June. Who the bloody hell knows though!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
markill wrote:Joel T, Forsyth - unknown length, pulled up or went off last night
Bretherton - July?
Manfredi - August?
Flower - season ended?

I would expect Batty and Sam to be back for the cup-tie. According to Josie Brethy was only side-lined for two weeks,
I think I read somewhere that's Gells was out for six weeks and therefore should be available for the Wire game. Oli I thought was end of June. Who the bloody hell knows though!
When Wane announced the Bretherton injury it was on BBC Radio Manc and he said he would be out for two months. Maybe that's changed, I think Josie spoke to him at Swinton and when he walked past me I must admin I couldn't tell there was anything up with him! We are a prop/middle light in the currently fit squad I feel, so the sooner the better.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

We are no different from all other SL when it comes to injuries all clubs get them.

So if all sides gets injuries and use along the line of the same number of players in the squad why are we so far off the pace of the top 4 sides.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Because Waney only has the one gameplan and it goes tit's up when over half the team are injured?
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wormburner wrote:Because Waney only has the one gameplan and it goes tit's up when over half the team are injured?
Ok but it does not stop other sides after all injuries happen to all sides and their plan does not go tits up through injuries. Injuries should not be used as an excuse anymore since its been going on since 2013.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its not good when he keeps saying its nothing too do with a weakened team,then says were only playing with half the salary cap......are the back up good enough or are they not???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mickw wrote:No side in the league has had the injuries we've had either this season or last for that matter,
no team would be doing any better.
Not disagreeing but been told on here that all sides have had injuries all season and there is no pattern to ours apparently. So pop quiz if Cas, Salford and Leeds play fairly strong sides week in week out what are we doing wrong then. After all does luck balance out eventually and ours on injuries is going since 2013.