If We Lose Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: If We Lose Tonight

Post by fozzieskem »

Hard to know where to start really,

Fed up of hearing about injuries,its game wide and not just a Wigan issue as Hull showed last night my opinion there's just too many games being played but that subject has been done to death let's move on.

The defence..where is it as it seems to have gone missing this season.

The form the club is in at the moment in any other sport is relegation form but they could and should just miss the indignity of the middle 8s if they win at Leigh,the only saving grace is that Cas and Salford apart everyone seems intent on making life hard for themselves by beating each other.

The first half was embarrassing to watch only a little better come the second 40,the discipline was shocking,Farrell will surely be heading for a ban for dissent,just what was needed isn't it?

MM continues his comeback not really doing anything in particular but after that Injury it's going to take time,if and when Tomkins comes back he will be in the same boat as Micky,he's not going to shake the magic dust and all be right,what will happen instead of having one player returning from a horror injury Wigan will have two of them.

Do I blame Wane? No not really if I could find fault it's only he should have got to the bottom of this injury nonsense,I know they've done a review but the way I understand it it was an internal enquiry which while fine,but surely a better option it would have been better someone from outside the Orrell bubble looking at things,if I where in that situation that's what I'd do.

Is the season done? I think so,this is far worse than last year,the kids have done wonderfully well but time to look beyond this season,stop telling ourselves we have a great squad,as shown it's good but no squad is ever complete we need more centres and perhaps time to move a couple of,players on.

No point getting to heart attack territory for fans the future is fine but that squad does need if not an overhaul then some tweaking to it.
SJ

Post by SJ »

endoman wrote:Is this the Dorahy Regal Trophy equivalent? They can't be this bad can they??

No difference to any of the other recent games, " If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got"
Love a philosopher :cool: Think another week in Italy would have been advisable :conf:
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Every body wants there arse kicked at the club.But we do not have a kicker
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

pearsy wrote:Every body wants there arse kicked at the club.But we do not have a kicker

Nice one - the first thing that's made me smile since yesterday's match.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wormburner wrote:Can he even get back to that level in time for the deadline
He's better on one leg than Lewis because he has a passing game and vision.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wormburner wrote:Can he even get back to that level in time for the deadline
He's better on one leg than Lewis because he has a passing game and vision.
Late July is another 6 weeks away, then add on another month for match fitness, it's going to be nearly September by the time he's back up to speed, if he can get back up to speed
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

After more or less a year it'd take him longer than that to regain match fitness look at Mickey Mac
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Mickey Mac is a chilling warning to anyone hoping that the cavalry is coming. Being charitable, he has had a long time out, but it would be better for the team and him if he were shipped out on loan. He should probably be good enough for Swindon, but if not I am sure there will be a league 1 team that he would add to. Allow him to get back to match fit, or establish that he has lost it, away from the spotlight.
That also allows him to focus on his well deserved testimonial events.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Farrell will surely be heading for a ban for dissent,just what was needed isn't it?
Why would he get a ban when he was punished on the fired of play?

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Mickey Mac is a chilling warning to anyone hoping that the cavalry is coming. Being charitable, he has had a long time out, but it would be better for the team and him if he were shipped out on loan. He should probably be good enough for Swindon, but if not I am sure there will be a league 1 team that he would add to. Allow him to get back to match fit, or establish that he has lost it, away from the spotlight.
That also allows him to focus on his well deserved testimonial events.
you mean mickey mac who working his socks of and who was part of the almost come back vs wakefield.
MM has been alot better than i expected his speed of play is also much better than powels( in no way basing powell he offers a different set of skills)

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.