Leigh Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Leigh Squad

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Leigh Squad

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Farrell's ommission sticks in your throat, i find it hard to appoint blame to him because he gives us so much but to lose one of our best players with the present squad through something a silly as that is a hard one to take
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

It looks as though we are gearing up for the following week when I expect Lockers, Powell and Bateman to return as well as Faz
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad

Joe Burgess, Tom Davies, Gabe Fell, Callum Field, Liam Forsyth, Josh Ganson, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Thomas Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Michael Mcilorum, Romain Navarrete, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, Joel Tomkins, Jack Wells & George Williams

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... fUBY0VL.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Looking at squad and its lack of numbers, again, I can see a long night ahead. Leigh will put everything into this game and target it as winnable. Apart from the CAS game they do seem to have picked up. We really need to match their fire intensity and aggression early on. I have said on another thread this is must win for a whole variety of reasons.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

We could be in trouble on Thursday that squad is not good enough to beat a fired up Leigh side on current form.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

As ever, one man back, 2 men out. The cavalry is not coming.
I would be surprised if we won - there is nothing in our form or squad to suggest we can beat any side in SL least of all in a fired up local derby.
We need to be in Great Escape mode, grind out as ugly a win as we can. I still get the sense that the club is in denial about how big a hole we are in and for how long - the constant "fix a few things" and "the injured players are looking great in the gym" tosh suggests that we are oblivious to the position we are in.
I hope we can win, even dreadful teams have nights where things click.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Exiled Wiganer wrote:As ever, one man back, 2 men out. The cavalry is not coming.
I would be surprised if we won - there is nothing in our form or squad to suggest we can beat any side in SL least of all in a fired up local derby.
We need to be in Great Escape mode, grind out as ugly a win as we can. I still get the sense that the club is in denial about how big a hole we are in and for how long - the constant "fix a few things" and "the injured players are looking great in the gym" tosh suggests that we are oblivious to the position we are in.
I hope we can win, even dreadful teams have nights where things click.
The cavalry is coming but it is heading for Warrington. I also expect another loss on Thursday.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I ve just read Tommy L comments on the Club site and at last some honesty. Quote "we turned up with the wrong attitude" "it has happened to many times". Ideally not want we want to hear but at last its better than some of the comments we regularly here being banged out from within the Club. We are in a massive hole and need to face upto it, Waneys comments like we will be all right this year are bordering on farcical. I take it he has "reviewed" the performances of the past 2 months. Going back to the Leigh game and for me our squad looks paper thin and lacking leaders. I would be surprised if we fall behind early if we have the character to come back.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We will fall behind early and lose, but we will keep trying and score some consolation points once the game is gone. I genuinely can't fault the spirit of the boys we are sending out there.