Sam Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Sam Tomkins

Post by Fujiman »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Clubb is exactly the sort of man the club needs. He will move heaven and earth to get back on the pitch.
I have never understood Bateman's position - did the club plan for him to play one game and then take months off? While the WCC was a massive game, surely it made sense to send him for the operation in the off season.
Given how long it's going to take people to get match fit, lose tomorrow and we will have the best team the middle 8s will have ever seen.
I'm sure the club would have taken the best advice re the treatment. Usually it's better to let the injury heal naturally rather than have an op. Maybe you think the club employ Dr Nic from the Simpson's :lol:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have no idea how competent the doctors are that we use. Certainly their are not at the top of their chosen fields, but may be the best local ones we can find. Since Madge left we have lurched from one injury crisis to another,. I would love to be able to buy our family season tickets knowing that we are likely to see our best players play regularly,. I would class Bateman as one of those. Hence my question - was he injured during the WCC, or was this planned by the club? Because if it was planned it has left the team and the spectators short changed.

This squad has the talent to win everything going. Lose tomorrow and that's 2 of the prizes gone. Without so much as a whimper.

(Just read the hilarious Wigan Today article, which refers to an "early" return for Sam, but that he is under no pressure from Wame to be rushed back. The level of delusion takes the breath away. You simply could not make it up. Presumably, the dressing room will be "hurting" this time tomorrow, but they just need to "fix" a few things...)
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I had a good laugh today when I read that Wane said our problems are very easily fixed.....well fix them chief! and fast please. I sometimes think I've joined a cult with all the happy clapping.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Can you elaborate on the Switzerland thing?
It's a small country n the Alps, but that's not important right now. :D
Brilliant,honestly best post ive seen in ages. :lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

acwrlfc wrote:Again Exiled has hit the nail on the head re Bateman. If you recall he didn't play at Salford in the first game due to a minor shoulder injury. Nearly 4 months on and one game the WCC. How can that be right? Well maybe it helped us to win the WCC and improved Wanes CV but it what cost, the team without one of its major players for a large part of the season and do our results and league position vindicate this decision. I am sick and tired of supporters brushing these kind of things under the carpet because it could and possibly should have been avoided.
It's a long standing injury that goes way back before this season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

w.thomas wrote:I had a good laugh today when I read that Wane said our problems are very easily fixed.....well fix them chief! and fast please. I sometimes think I've joined a cult with all the happy clapping.
:lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

acwrlfc wrote:Again Exiled has hit the nail on the head re Bateman. If you recall he didn't play at Salford in the first game due to a minor shoulder injury. Nearly 4 months on and one game the WCC. How can that be right? Well maybe it helped us to win the WCC and improved Wanes CV but it what cost, the team without one of its major players for a large part of the season and do our results and league position vindicate this decision. I am sick and tired of supporters brushing these kind of things under the carpet because it could and possibly should have been avoided.
How can you hit the nail on the head if you are guessing? :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
How can you hit the nail on the head if you are guessing? :wink:
I've thought it all season surely the same thoughts re Bateman crossed your mind too that they got him "fit" for the WCC game?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Wane must have a magic wand?