Sam Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brad5926

Sam Tomkins

Post by Brad5926 »

Can anyone spread light on when he is 'due back'?

Apologies if this has been already covered previously
acwrlfc

Re: Sam Tomkins

Post by acwrlfc »

I cant say excatly when hes back because we here so many different stories\dates. What I will say though is that I am becoming completely disillusioned with the injury\rehab times. The injury thread has been done to the death but its an ongoing and seemingly endless saga. Good Friday was on April the 14th and in the bar after the game Tomkins said 6 weeks !!!
Bateman was due back , his own words, not mine for the Leigh game. Gelling well, as I ve stated on other threads, is to injury prone for me, misses to many games then tries to catch up on the fly. Then on Saturday we see the skipper as a late withdrawal, again , due to a niggle picked up where we don't know and is again missing this week.

If Waney is putting all his eggs into the CC basket, what incentive does that give us fans to spend our money on these run of away games. I will support the Team but are we being given a fair crack of the whip?

I think we must win on Thurs to a. stop the rot b. raise the player confidence and c. give the supporters something to cheer about.

We must get to the bottom of the injury crisis and hope that players aren't being held back.

Finally, I remember a thread at the start of the season regarding as we won the WCC could the season be judged as a success or not ie one trophy per season. For me having watched all the games it is a DEFINITE NO. Lets not dress it up but we have been bang average. I recall walking off at LP recently gutted because we lost but more annoyed to be beaten by a very average St Helens side,

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Not far off now!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Didn't he get annoyed when someone suggested he might be held to his 6 weeks time scale? It could well be a rolling 6 weeks of course (so watch him go the second of August).
On the positive side, he can use the free time to spend the money our tickets allow the club to pay him.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

For me if Sam comes back then gets injured again soon after I would definitely look at getting rid.
There's no doubting his ability but for him to be injured all the time and as a marquee player, think who else we could bring in for that kind of money.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Late July so i was told by a somebody of here who was talking to him at sundays game
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's got to the point where I can't really summon up any enthusiasm or excitement when he does, eventually, come back. Just so fed up with the whole soap opera.

TBH I'm more interested in seeing a few more of the kids come through (Worthington? Fell?) and to watch their progress.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wormburner wrote:Late July so i was told by a somebody of here who was talking to him at sundays game

There's that rolling six weeks right there! :lol:
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

So reading into that he was had another setback or additional complications. He was at the Saints Cas game saying how close he was and he just needed to be patient. So whats happened? From a business angle this has been nothing short of a disaster but lets not forget he has credit in the bank with his mate Wane
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If (a man can dream) we reach a point where we are safe in 7th/8th then we should use the time to play the likes of Fell, and entertain us by giving us a glimpse of a better future.