S.W say " THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE WIN GAME"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: S.W say " THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE WIN GAME"

Post by moto748 »

Just on goal-kicking, as I've said before, why not at least try having Marshall kicking from the right and Williams from the left?

But there doesn't seem to be a lot of thinking going on out there at all.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

P45 for Wane and May can not see either one going any time soon.On the kicker problem it would only paper over the cracks with the number of soft try's we concedes..Anyway Iam about to watch some utube from 2010 when we could attack and defend in the same game what a concept?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

PF Warrior wrote:This season has now gone. We have reached the bottom of the barrel. A strong possibility, like Leeds last season, we will find ourselves in the middle 8's unless our players start to take pride in the shirt they wear. I think some of the older players, with all the injuries,think their places are safe and do not need to put their whole heart and soul into it every time they play. :(
Sometimes i wonder if Wane is too close to Wigan and its players and whether it ever really works when thats the case. He's brought a lot of the lads through we see playing and he clearly is very close to a few which is a huge conflict of interest. Talking about Sam saying he has "credit in the bank" sorry but sport is not like that.

I think we need a complete impartial like Madge to come in a reset the balance of the team.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So it seems now the club have pinned the seasons hopes on players who for some of them haven't played in a year or had one game this season..I find that staggering,the injuries that have blighted this club need to be looked at independently is it the training,the diet,the constant Nando's? Who knows but it needs sorting.

If the answers aren't to your,or the clubs liking well fecking tough change tactics,training whatever is recommended,this type of thing can't be done in house,you simply can't get perspective on it,a fresh pair of eyes is needed it manybe down to bad luck of course you just don't know.

Last night as with Hull and Wakefield was unprofessional and utterly inept,no tactics,no fight no fecking clue,all that kept going going round my head was the Benny hill tune when he's chasing the women at the end of the show,throughout all of this I've tried to find a positive but no more enough is enough of this rubbish.

Tommy simply isn't a half,for some of course he's not Smith so the sun will shine out of him for that reason,with Smith at least there was someone organising the team not as now where no one seems to talk to each other,the centres do we have any really bar Gilly and the endlessly injured Gells?

The props bar TT have been dire all season long,huge mistake getting of Crosby or Mossop,so many wingers where are they all going to go when they're all fit?.

The balance of the squad looks odd and has done all season,more wings than a branch of KFC,no centres poor props,players injured its mind boggling.

Sick and tired of hearing "the business end of the season" maybe it's time to with hold my money for my season ticket till the business end?of course I won't so I become part of the problem but I may have a harder time convincing my wife to renew this time round whatever happens "at the business end" and no it's not because of the losses it's the way the side is losing that is upsetting her and many others.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

maybe it's time to with hold my money for my season ticket till the business end
I do not have a season ticket but if I had one I would not renew next season but send a letter to IL and explain why. Cherry pick you games.

As its going the badge will only have ancient on it Loyalty is a 2 way street for me. And what we have been served now for 2 full seasons is not worth the money. Blind supporting a side will not lead to change.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

At least when we are losing this forum is busier!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
BriH

Post by BriH »

What I find really unacceptable is the fact that the team are losing games because they are not doing the basics right.

- tackling

- defending the line

- giving away stupid penalties

- throwing out loose passes

When they have possession they show they can attack. But when they are defending it's as if they have forgotten the basics. Some of these guys have been playing RL 10+ years and should be able to do the basic things e.g. tackling with their eyes shut

Get back to basics!! Or, get a John Monie look-a-like!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:At least when we are losing this forum is busier!
It is so long since we won, it is hard to remember how busy things used to be. :)
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

In the midst of one of the worst performances that I've seen since Millward was in charge, the main thing that is deeply worrying is the fact that SW, who is obsessed with getting in big forwards, has managed to put out a set of props that simply aren't up to the job.
'Big Frank' - time to end the experiment - say thanks and return him home,
Sutton - should by now be a senior player but on the evidence of this season either can't or won't take that responsibility.
Navarette - the new Gil Dudson? Undisciplined and also looked not quite fit.
Tautai - everybody loves him but realistically, what does he achieve? Looks great with hair swinging and flailing away but gives away penalties and doesn't really make the yards when it counts.
The second-rowers/loose forwards are mixed. Lockers indispensable - Farrell excellent - Isa - ordinary/penalty king liability - Joel variable - Wells - not great last night but generally OK.
The point being that if SW can't get a set of forwards to do their job...................
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:At least when we are losing this forum is busier!
It is so long since we won, it is hard to remember how busy things used to be. :)
A busy forum is a good forum providing nothing gets personal!

As for getting back to the thread, I am worried very worried but blindly I still have faith.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett