That's it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: That's it

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:By way of counter balance, here are my 10 reasons to be cheerful:

- this is the first season that our 2 kids have caught the bug, which means the world to me;

- we won the WCC, in a fabulous display of all round control. It was a privilege to be there;

- we have the best squad and 1 to 18 in SL, and one that can genuinely go on to great things if enough of them are fit;

- Marshall is a wonderful find. A joy to watch - Shaul is still looking for him;

- we have the best, most knowledgable fans in the game;

- our juniors are again leading the way;

- Latics have been relegated;

- we own Good Friday;

- Clubb is on the road to recovery after the sort of illness that could have made playing again an impossibilty. He's a legend;

- our kits are a vast improvement on the dull/glow in the dark versions;

- we are Wigan.
Love that Exiled!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Maybe the players have had enough of Wane just like Leicester football did with Ranieri just a thought?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pearsy wrote:Maybe the players have had enough of Wane just like Leicester football did with Ranieri just a thought?
That's always an interesting one when it comes to Wane.

Some players who have come through the ranks with him will be very loyal. He is supposed to be very close to some of them and very friendly with the families of some of the products of the academy.

That is a completely different approach to that of John Monie who had a very arms length attitude to his relationship with players outside of the club.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote:
pearsy wrote:Maybe the players have had enough of Wane just like Leicester football did with Ranieri just a thought?
That's always an interesting one when it comes to Wane.

Some players who have come through the ranks with him will be very loyal. He is supposed to be very close to some of them and very friendly with the families of some of the products of the academy.

That is a completely different approach to that of John Monie who had a very arms length attitude to his relationship with players outside of the club.

I'm no expert on football matters but I believe they had a shocking run of bad form - with the same team that won the League the year before.?

Unless I'm missing something, the same can't be said of the Wigan team that won the GF, and then the WCC. That squad simply has been missing in action, virtually since the start of the season when their form had been top drawer.

Was it Bill Shankly (or Bob Paisley) said you'll win nothing with kids ?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

We will struggle to make the top 4 now. We are 7 points behind and you just can't see us pulling this back. We grounded out some hard wins last season and it's not happening this year