That's it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

That's it

Post by Wintergreen »

Season over.

Change needed.

warriors01

Re: That's it

Post by warriors01 »

Not quite but it could be if we lose to Warrington. Looks like we are going to be fighting for our lives in the bottom 4. I agree it is time for a change but at the end of the season Wane needs to go along with Tierney, Forsythe, Leulali, Clubb, Gelling and both Tomkins. Too many injury prone and lack of quality players. need a good half back, prop, back row forward and centre. And that old chestnut a goal kicker
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Change is needed but I am not sure how you come up with your list of those to leave. For a start J Tomkins just signed a new deal and Forsythe has only just his the first team when it is playing under a huge cloud.

We do need a good centre and someone who can kick goals, granted. And a new coach!
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Why i decided on those was :

Tierney never a full back, we have Escare and 3 other good wingers

Forsythe cannot see him ever being a top class centre, lacks physique to be a top centre

Laulali needs to retire too many head injuries and his best position has always been hooker never a scrum half

Gelling his injury record over the past 2 seasons is pretty poor and when he gets match fit usually takes him a month to get up to speed.

Clubb another injury prone player over the last 2 seasons and usually makes one or two big hits and then disappears

Sam Tomkins was crocked before he went to New Zealand and has never got over the injury would not surprise me if he had to retire

Joel Tomkins been poor since his return and we dont know what his best position is anymore. bad business extending his contract

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Tommy has been average all season long sorry in my opinion hes offered nothing that we didnt have with Smith,other than we now cant get anywhere near the sticks or hit a drop goal,if tgats an improvement then it staggers me,but no doubt ill be wrong.

I'll say no more tonight far angry.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Wintergreen wrote:Season over.

Change needed.
New coach needed as Wane is out of his depth. The only English coach I would have would be Powell, but he will not leave Cas. That only leaves us to look at Australia for a new coach which will take time, time we haven't got. The way things are going I fear am going to see the club I follow relegated from the top flight as I did in 1980. I hope I am wrong. :angry:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

mickw wrote:Thing is wane isn't going anywhere unless he walks and that's not very likely.
If Wane was ever going to go it would have been in February after the WCC game,perfect time,so no he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I cant see Rads flying to Aus to look for a new coach ala Rush at Saints, because quite simply he is to go close to Wane and there in lies the problem. He is , for the wrong reasons bullet proof and its of the Clubs own making
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Like people have said Wane has too many friends at the club, also he's too obsessed with having the team all wiganers. Which is all well and good but if there not good enough, there not good enough.
Wigan have the money to sign the right players but Wane persists to try and make the Wigan team all wiganers.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

The players are in for a "hard week " so potentially injuries in training for next week and players looking goosed before the kick off next sat