Tierney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
michael inch stoke

Re: Tierney

Post by michael inch stoke »

He did an ok job as a stand in winger last season but have better options in that position this year. Cannot see him becoming a good enough fullback.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

He's nippy and thats all.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

old hooker wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:Agreed. Never really rated him but he was coming along nicely last season as a winger. I would see him as a squad player only and certainly not a full-back.

Hes not good enough to be a squad player with St Pats

So how was he so good for Scotland in the 4 Nations, and for us in the run up to the GF ? Of course that was in his normal position of Wing, not the position he's trying to do a job for the club filling in at FB. But whether people make allowances for that, is up to them !
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cow yeds wrote:He's nippy and thats all.
But it's a summer sport!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cow yeds wrote:He's nippy and thats all.
But it's a summer sport!
well we better give him a warm reception next game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If Tomkins does not play would you try burgess at full back?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Tierney will be fb until Sam T returns.
The comments about being poor at this and bad at that are ignoring the fact that he's got one leg strapped up and is very obviously not fully fit. He is just less unfit than the two other full backs we've got.
Imagine a soccer team where their back line was no more than 21 with a 22 year old goalkeeper and everyone blamed the goalie for all the goals conceded.
These young lads are giving it their all but as we know it isn't good enough to win us these recent games.
This state of affairs has been going on last season and this.
There is clearly something wrong at the club with the number of injuries in both 2016 and 2017.
Picking on one player is wrong.
Tierney is in the first year of a 3 year deal. He'll play a lot more first team rugby before his contract is out if the club continues as it currently is.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Could be a good call or davies
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Nezza Faz wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:Agreed. Never really rated him but he was coming along nicely last season as a winger. I would see him as a squad player only and certainly not a full-back.

Hes not good enough to be a squad player with St Pats

So how was he so good for Scotland in the 4 Nations, and for us in the run up to the GF ? Of course that was in his normal position of Wing, not the position he's trying to do a job for the club filling in at FB. But whether people make allowances for that, is up to them !

Good enough for Scotland, for heavens sake they are not exactly spoiled for choice are they?,Plus as I have said many times he is a local lad and SW thinks that every youngster that comes through the Wigan system is top class, hence his obsession with fielding a team of Wiganers.We are now in in the position we are partially due to this obsession.
Peter252

Post by Peter252 »

Blaming Tierney who is obviously not a full back and never will be is like blaming the boy with his finger in the dyke for the flood water that's coming through.
What the experience must be doing for his career is anybody's guess. He just seems to be getting worse with every mistake.
He needs to be pulled for the sake of his mental health.