Tierney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NeeNawWarrior22

Tierney

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Before I start, Tierney is not just to blame for tonight's defeat..

However, how noticeable is it that he is just not good enough for WW, (I appreciate right now it seems most players aren't), or Super League for that matter!! Particularly the last few games he has been disastrous!
Ability is one thing, but the effort and heart he displays is embarassing. Some of his plays/tackles and attempts at challenging in the air are almost cowardice!

I appreciate we have numerous injuries and he is covering, but for a few years now he has sneaked in the team, whether it be at FB or Wing. Why are we persevering with this bloke? Heart the size of a pea and robbing a wage!!

Come the end of the year he needs to go!! Championship bound.
VR46

Re: Tierney

Post by VR46 »

I've been saying this for weeks!!

Not bad on the wing, but we have much better and he's about 8th choice

As for full back, I'd rather have Sam with 1 leg and no arms!

I don't understand why we don't give Fell a chance, he honestly can't be any worse
NeeNawWarrior22

I was genuinely embarrassed for the lad tonight, in respect of how half hearted/half arsed he was.

Soft as puppy poop!

Like I say, ability wise there's not much he can do, he's reached his limit (and it's not SL standard), but at least put some effort in for the paying supporters. Embarrassment to the shirt and RL.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

Fell must get a chance against Warrington , if not we are only sealing our own fate before the game even kicks off.

We need a youngster to come in like Marshall and the rest of them have this year and just have a crack and play with no fear and take the opportunity given to them. Thats when they are most dangerous
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think it is very hard on Tierney to be so critical. He had shown that he was developing pretty well as a winger until he was injured. We can conclude he can't play full back, but no more than that.
NeeNawWarrior22

Developing pretty well?? How many years has he been involved in and around the first team now? Longer than Davies and Marshall definitely, maybe around the same time or longer than Mandredi..? Yet he is still behind them all in the pecking order..
That's the issue...he's not developed at all. I get why he is being used ATM due to injuries etc, but I genuinely can't even see a squad place for him come next year.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I think it is very hard on Tierney to be so critical. He had shown that he was developing pretty well as a winger until he was injured. We can conclude he can't play full back, but no more than that.
Dead right. Has nobody noticed how heavily strapped one of his legs is and he's clearly carrying an injury as are a number of others. OK we're all sick of talking about injuries but they are there and the lad has stepped up and done his best in a position he would not choose to play in himself. Give him a break for God's sake
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Agreed. Never really rated him but he was coming along nicely last season as a winger. I would see him as a squad player only and certainly not a full-back.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Confidence is shot!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Confidence is shot!
You ain't kidding

On a more positive note it was nice to see young Morgan sat near us in the stands,even with the brace on his leg he looked well,the wife was swooning..