Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan v Warrington - Challenge Cup

Post by Firestarter »

I think if we get in front early we will win easily...... we just seem too fall apart defensively once were playing catchup.....hopefully we will score all our trys under the posts.....we might get an 80% success rate then haha
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Hill banned
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Firestarter wrote:I think if we get in front early we will win easily...... we just seem too fall apart defensively once were playing catchup.....hopefully we will score all our trys under the posts.....we might get an 80% success rate then haha
Like the Wakey game?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I think if we get in front early we will win easily...... we just seem too fall apart defensively once were playing catchup.....hopefully we will score all our trys under the posts.....we might get an 80% success rate then haha
Like the Wakey game?
oh yea...... i forgot about that one....... well we should be a lot stronger( kicking aside)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

It's a Cup match away from home and likely to be a tight game.
I do hope that, for once, we take penalties when in kickable range when on offer.
Wouldn't like to lose when we've had opportunities to kick pens then get knocked out of the Cup with x trys each and they kick more goals than we do.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Wigan victory and subsequent CC victory.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:Wigan victory and subsequent CC victory.
Yep - that would be very sweet indeed. We only need to win 5 more games (2 in the league to scrape 8th) for all to be forgotten and forgiven. I would imagine that everybody would dread playing us if we can get through Saturday and get/keep the side fit. God willing...
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I hope we do not have to rely on kicks or we are beat before we take the field.It has been a problem for a number of years everybody knows this on here the only people who can not see a the ones that count.It was always going to catch up with us
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

On kicks and kickers, if I recall correctly, neither Botica nor Richards came over here as dedicated kickers. Both worked and worked until they had perfected the art. Perhaps Wane had others in mind who have not managed to improve as they managed?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

We had Smith kicking does not get a look in at sts and is a better for not having the pressure of having to take them .Most teams have two players who can convert try's.It did not look like Williiams wanted the task after the last match.Might be Tomkins tomorrow he has plenty of time to practice Lets hope it does not come down to kicks because there will be only one winner and it will not be cherry and white