Six Return for Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Six Return for Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name squad for Challenge Cup Quarter Final with Warrington

Warriors welcome back six stars from injury and suspension

Tickets remain for the game

Wigan Warriors have today named their 19-man squad for Saturday’s Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Quarter Final with Warrington Wolves.

The Warriors welcome back six front-line stars from injury and suspension for the crunch clash at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Sam Powell (concussion) and Liam Farrell (suspension) are included after missing Thursdays defeat at Leigh, while captain Sean O’Loughlin (hamstring) returns after sitting out the last two games.

John Bateman could play just his second game of 2017, while fellow long term absentee Sam Tomkins could feature for the first time since the Super 8s away win over the Wolves in September 2016.

Meanwhile centre Anthony Gelling takes his place in the 19-man squad following a knee injury that has kept him out since the round 12 away loss to Castleford Tigers.

Dropping out of the squad are Callum Field, Liam Forsyth, Romain Navarrete, Josh Ganson, Lewis Tierney and Gabe Fell.

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad

John Bateman, Joe Burgess, Tom Davies, Liam Farrell, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Thomas Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Michael Mcilorum, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, Jack Wells, George Williams.

Tickets for the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Quarter Final clash between Wigan Warriors and Warrington Wolves at the Halliwell Jones Stadium are still available. Season Ticket holders have until 4.30pm tomorrow to get a £5 discount on their ticket. Click HERE for more information.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... L2xFoIJ.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wormburner

Re: Six Return for Warriors

Post by Wormburner »

The Key word being COULD, will believe it when i see it
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

With young Lewis dropping out I'd assume Sam will play,me personally I wouldn't trust Lockers just yet his hammy could go again,hopefully he will be needed for the semi but given this is,possibly the make or break game of the season it's not one I'd like to have to make regarding the big lad.

Gelling is another one I'd sooner see fully fit than half arsed as has been in the case in the past,he does take a little to get going after injury so for me again not the game to use him in.

Faz and Powell always going to come back in after the shambles on the Leigh performance.

They said all along June for JB and it's June,I hope he's for and raring to go,he looked great the other week when I saw him,so looking forward to seeing him back.
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

With no other fullback in the squad surely Sam will be playing at least.
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

fozzieskem wrote:With young Lewis dropping out I'd assume Sam will play
Great minds!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wormburner wrote:The Key word being COULD, will believe it when i see it

Well it's a numbers game in that case Worms, cos if those aren't included, we'd only have a total squad of 13, if my maths is right !
OJ

Post by OJ »

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

kevbrown1980 wrote:With no other fullback in the squad surely Sam will be playing at least.
Don't worry, he's only keeping the seat warm until Morgan is fit! :lol:
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

No offence to these players:
Callum Field, Liam Forsyth, Romain Navarrete, Josh Ganson, Lewis Tierney and Gabe Fell...

but the players returning are truly 'big' names. Of course, how fit they are remains to be seen - but it leaves me feeling a lot more positive about Saturday than I was going in to the game against Leigh.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We need to shut down my mate Kevin Brown & Kurt Gidley! IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan