Dom Manfredi ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Dom Manfredi ?

Post by Southern Softy »

Somewhere in the not too distant future we will need a replacement for SOL. Although it seems that Wigan/SW don't look too far ahead, I would have thought a big, strong, good ball-handling back might be ideal as opposed to simply sticking a prop or second-row there and that could be where Dom ends up.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:I don't see how you can drop Marshall tbh.
I thought it was also harsh to drop young Davies too. But I do think a fit and firing Manfredi is still the best of those 3.
He is!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think he's too good not to have in the side.

Much as I like Gelling, I feel Manfredi would possibly make a better centre, which would then place Marshal at right wing.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I was thinking the same and could Gelling play as forward?
jobo

Post by jobo »

pearsy wrote:I was thinking the same and could Gelling play as forward?
I reckon he could. He's got the size. Not sure about the stamina.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I have been critical of gelling in the past but it would be good to find another Joel Moon or Shenton
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Do we need to risk a silly returning too early type injury when we already have damm good wingers.
Would it not be better just to let this heal fully and strengthen with a solid pre season in readiness for next season?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Do we need to risk a silly returning too early type injury when we already have damm good wingers.
Would it not be better just to let this heal fully and strengthen with a solid pre season in readiness for next season?
That surely would be the sensible option..
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Do we need to risk a silly returning too early type injury when we already have damm good wingers.
That surely would be the sensible option..
i was talking too my dad today( serious ww talk)he said if manfredi comes back( and is straight too his best)they better not drop marshall...... i said, no way..... burgess would be the one dropped in this very unlikely predicament.......on a different note i think we seriously need too think about replacing lockers, joel and tommy nxt season....... and also decided which hooker we want( as we dont perform as well with a sub hooker)....a sub hooker has got too be an impact hooker unlike powell.......we have missed escare so much imo and we are so forwards orientated, that we dont perform with certain forwards out( due to the 20 mins drilled in spelling of them).........its great seeing people returning but we seem too have the most unbalanced squad for a long time........i mean, can anyone play centre???forsythe was brought in as a backup centre..... isa,burgess and davies where preffered too him( when we had loads of injuries)....... bateman comes back and still we persist in trying out of position players....i think its desperate measures off a desperate coach.......next season( if we release players for the cap) we need sam v escare too battle for fullback and play the best on merit....... same on the wings for manfredi, liam, budgie n davies......a good centre signing so if gells misses he might not get straight back in team.......george at seven with a good stand off signed( who hopefully can kick goals also)...... an impact prop/ versatile forward whos a tackling 80 minute machine......also maybe an impact hooker and/or a creative forward....... problem solved...... this is only my opinion and ide love the lads too work miracles and prove me wrong
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
VR46

Post by VR46 »

I had a similar conversation myself (not with your Dad though) For me Tierney, Clubb, Tommy and FPN unless he bucks his ideas up would all go so we can sign a class half and centre