Dom Manfredi ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
LTAWigan4Eva

Dom Manfredi ?

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Is Dom ruled out for the season or is he expected to return before the season ends?
Firestarter

Re: Dom Manfredi ?

Post by Firestarter »

I spoke too him christmas eve in leigh and he told me he would be back in 6 months
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
markill

Post by markill »

I always thought August was the timeframe for him to actually get playing again. But either way, he'll need others to be injured to get a go you feel, tough to come back in that late in the season when there are others scoring a try a game already playing.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

I was hoping he would return to give Budgie some time to get 100% fit. No matter how good the two stand in wingers, neither are as good as Dom on exit sets.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

markill wrote:I always thought August was the timeframe for him to actually get playing again. But either way, he'll need others to be injured to get a go you feel, tough to come back in that late in the season when there are others scoring a try a game already playing.
IMO our style of play rewards a right winger like Charnley, Manfredi & Marshall and makes them look better than they really are. Manfredi for example cuts in too much and doesn't have a good rugby brain, running in a straight line he's good at.
So when he comes back Marshall is already fulfilling that role and if he can improve his defensive skills then Dom will be on the side lines for the foreseeable future.
I like both Dom & Liam but if they played for Widnes or Leigh they'd quickly be dropped for more rounded players.

I'll repeat this is my opinon
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Never thought Dom would be back this season and frankly given the rapid rise of Marshall and Davies get him right before he comes back even if it means next season.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Josie's friend wrote:
markill wrote:I always thought August was the timeframe for him to actually get playing again. But either way, he'll need others to be injured to get a go you feel, tough to come back in that late in the season when there are others scoring a try a game already playing.
IMO our style of play rewards a right winger like Charnley, Manfredi & Marshall and makes them look better than they really are. Manfredi for example cuts in too much and doesn't have a good rugby brain, running in a straight line he's good at.
So when he comes back Marshall is already fulfilling that role and if he can improve his defensive skills then Dom will be on the side lines for the foreseeable future.
I like both Dom & Liam but if they played for Widnes or Leigh they'd quickly be dropped for more rounded players.

I'll repeat this is my opinon
Obviously only an opinion but I think you will agree it has no evidence whatsoever. In that case it is a very poor opinion. Objectively Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, speed of the POTB. Charnley, Marshall and Davies were all behind. Not an opinion, an objective FACT :wink:
pedro

Post by pedro »

If hes lost any pace hed be lucky to get back on the wing
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Manfredi was arguably the best winger in Super League prior to his injury. If he can come back without ill effects he IMO is our first choice right winger no question
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:Obviously only an opinion but I think you will agree it has no evidence whatsoever. In that case it is a very poor opinion. Objectively Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, speed of the POTB. Charnley, Marshall and Davies were all behind. Not an opinion, an objective FACT :wink:
Opinions don't need evidence, as your last sentence recognises.
You also say Manfredi is the best exit back in the entire club based on yards, SPEED OF THE POTB. Where did you see the stats for speed of the POTB to back up "your fact?"

(Apologies for my lack of computer skills and poor editing of posts).

***I think I've sorted it out for you ???? - Josie ????