Fridays game v Giants

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Fridays game v Giants

Post by josie andrews »

Wes wrote:I thought Joe Wardle was handy at Hudds in the centres I would take a punt on him next season.
Wardle has been discussed on the General Forum under the topic "Gelling"
Think he is going somewhere else :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Absolutly,Gelling brings lots to the team,one of them being unpredictability something lacking in todays game,the hole he leaves through his many abcences is a large one.
Gellings "unpredictability" is not that of a top class player. The word I would use is stupidity. How many times does he decide to try something himself such as a lame kick 5m from the line showing he is totally unaware of better options being available? Far too often.

Defensively he is liable to shoot out of position and leave his winger exposed more often than not.

Gelling is for me a manufactured RL player. He has the physical attributes but no RL brain and gets away with it because he rides BMX bike to training.
Could not agree more
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We should be flying tonite( now all the players back have played).....if we play bateman centre, tackle well( like we can),keep possession,kick well and make a platform( with the forwards) ,we should win this game comfortably....... we cant afford another loss...... if we get two or three wins together then the other teams will start dropping points...... whether by playing each other ir by pressure.....no excuses now......do the right things and we will win....... come on wigan its time too do what we do best and ,in my opinion ,we have got the best squad of players in the league( by far)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:The results speak for themselves, I'd say.
For what it's worth, I cannot see us winning tomorrow, and think we will again fall so far behind the game is gone before scoring a couple of tries at the end to make the score respectable. I get no sense that the club is taking our predicament that seriously, with the talk still about the top 4 and Wane's latest statement that he is not bothered that we are in the worst run of form for over a century.
I think tomorrow will be the final wake up call, and we rally enough to win our home games to stay in the 8.
I would also be surprised if we see Sam play tomorrow or in Catalans as these are not the sort of games he has shown any appetite for, for many years, hence Tierney in the squad, I certainly would not buy a ticket expecting to see him trot out.
Unless you have a factual insight into our injuries and how they are treated then its all just opinion, which of course you are entitled to.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:The results speak for themselves, I'd say.
For what it's worth, I cannot see us winning tomorrow, and think we will again fall so far behind the game is gone before scoring a couple of tries at the end to make the score respectable. I get no sense that the club is taking our predicament that seriously, with the talk still about the top 4 and Wane's latest statement that he is not bothered that we are in the worst run of form for over a century.
I think tomorrow will be the final wake up call, and we rally enough to win our home games to stay in the 8.
I would also be surprised if we see Sam play tomorrow or in Catalans as these are not the sort of games he has shown any appetite for, for many years, hence Tierney in the squad, I certainly would not buy a ticket expecting to see him trot out.
Unless you have a factual insight into our injuries and how they are treated then its all just opinion, which of course you are entitled to.
i think tierney is in just too keep him match fit( if he plays)....squad rotation....personally i think if sam doesnt play it will be davies or burgess for fullback....they are a safer option
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I just hope Waney comes to his senses and realises that we need two fully functioning centres and that Budgie just simply isnt a centre. Batty has played centre for both Bradford and for us to a good quality that is almost natural centre play. Joe can't pass a ball or make the runs how a centre would so this ties up the options your playmakers can make plus the options for budgie's winger.
Please come to your senses Mr Wane with who you choose to play at centre, as the wrong choice is what's helping beat us.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I just hope Waney comes to his senses and realises that we need two fully functioning centres and that Budgie just simply isnt a centre. Batty has played centre for both Bradford and for us to a good quality that is almost natural centre play. Joe can't pass a ball or make the runs how a centre would so this ties up the options your playmakers can make plus the options for budgie's winger.
Please come to your senses Mr Wane with who you choose to play at centre, as the wrong choice is what's helping beat us.
bateman will play centre tonite..... if not then i think its a big mistake.......its a no brainer for me
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Davies in at centre, so Budgie on the wing and Bateman in the second-row. Wells in for Tautai on the bench.

Lockers plays as well, despite the rumours.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

What hells wrong with this team
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pearsy wrote:What hells wrong with this team
Nothing is wrong were making top 4 in October no worries