wate of time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JIMMY H

wate of time

Post by JIMMY H »

Being a supporter who does not live in Wigan I wonder sometimes how they expect to attract new
supports or keep some the loyal ones like myself and my family.

We get nothing from the official website have just looked at it, no mention of Gary Connolly going, no decent club news, and news digest is a joke. Have just given my details again for updates for the fourth time..still yet to recieve anything from them.

I dont feel the club do enought to promote outside the area, try getting a shirt outside of wigan,(exception now is JJB in Bolton only coz the manager is a true supporter do they get them)
ask any other JJB store and they look at you as if you are daft asking for wigan shirts, scarves and any other supporters stuff. The club shop at soccordome when we make the visit is a joke, other clubs even do babywear NOT WIGAN.

I will continue to support Wigan but being outside of the area the only link I would have with the club and club activities should be via the club, the club do not seem to recognise the outside supports in any way.

Was sorry to see Gary go to Orrell, but only knew
after seeing results today that he has gone to Leeds. (were's the details of that from the club, maybe there was something in the paper but we can not always get hold of that.

About time Wigan promoted the club properly if they need ideas I am sure there are plenty out there with suggestions.

Thanks for this site it's the best thing I did finding this...

cheers and merry xmas

jimmy H
Pie Eyed

Thanks for the re-iteration.....

Post by Pie Eyed »

of EVERYTHING that us fans have been saying to this club of ours for a LONG time.

They fail to promote it at ANY opportunity, yet whinge when not enough people turn up on match-day.

We don't have a marketing dept (sorry to mention it AGAIN !!!). We DID have one (one girl, who was transferred to the SALES team within a month of her taking the Marketing job).

Whelan and Lindsay just EXPECT us to turn up, week in week out, and to instinctively KNOW what is going on at the club (we are all expected to be telepathic).

The only way I find anything out is either by going to the Riversiders meetings, or by talking to folk on these message boards (although even that seems to be falling apart now - Where has everyone gone from the WiganRLFans board ?????)

So you are NOT on your own in feeling left out Jimmy - I affects ALL fans of Wigan RL, but the club are UNWILLING to do ANYTHING about it, and just expect us all to put up and shut up if we are TRUE supporters of Wigan.

IT'S A JOKE !!!!!!!!!