Davies or Marshall?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Davies or Marshall?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Hindsight is a great thing but did Waney make a big error leaving Tom out of the side on Thursday? Liam has certainly got the better scoring record, particularly against Wire, but Tom fits our profile for a Wigan winger in that he makes plenty of hard yards.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Warrior1872

Re: Davies or Marshall?

Post by Warrior1872 »

Davies doesnt drop the ball like marshall davies back for Leeds please
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blame our coach for dropping marshall when he was on fire....... that knocked his confidence in my opinion.......he also dropped forsythe after his best game for us
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Marshall looks very uncomfortable on the right compared to how he did on the left. I personally would of stuck with what was working and played other players around rather. Budgie to the right wing for example for me (who hasn't looked half the player since his return)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Marshall looks very uncomfortable on the right compared to how he did on the left. I personally would of stuck with what was working and played other players around rather. Budgie to the right wing for example for me (who hasn't looked half the player since his return)
You're right about Budgie,something is amiss with the lad that blistering pace just doesnt seem to be there,or maybe he was always this speed and time is playing tricks on my mind,but he seems,for want of a better word,sluggish by the standards pre aussie.

The curse of the returning player stikes again of just carrying an injury who knows?
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Marshall marginally better on attack but Davies has a better pair of hands, is good in the air, much stronger and much better defensively. He is also a right winger so let him play on the right wing!!!!!

To sum up.......Davies for me!!!!

Matt
Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

I am intrigued. Why do so many people these days write "would of" when they clearly mean "would have". It is almost as annoying as when people say that something is "very unique" or "quite unique" ---- the very word unique means the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, so it is either unique or it isnt and cannot be quite or very unique. My apologies as this is clearly nothing at all to do with my beloved Wigan Rugby team!!!!!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Billgreenwoodss​on​ wrote:I am intrigued. Why do so many people these days write "would of" when they clearly mean "would have". It is almost as annoying as when people say that something is "very unique" or "quite unique" ---- the very word unique means the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, so it is either unique or it isnt and cannot be quite or very unique. My apologies as this is clearly nothing at all to do with my beloved Wigan Rugby team!!!!!!
I am afraid you have opened a can of worms here. My own pet hate is 'senile old man'. That is just like saying 'old old man'????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Davies better in the air? After catalans everyone was calling for MArchall to be recalled as hes better in the air :roll:
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Billgreenwoodss​on​ wrote: I am intrigued. Why do so many people these days write "would of" when they clearly mean "would have". It is almost as annoying as when people say that something is "very unique" or "quite unique" ---- the very word unique means the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, so it is either unique or it isnt and cannot be quite or very unique. My apologies as this is clearly nothing at all to do with my beloved Wigan Rugby team!!!!!!
Billgreenwoodss​on​ wrote:I am intrigued. Why do so many people these days write "would of" when they clearly mean "would have". It is almost as annoying as when people say that something is "very unique" or "quite unique" ---- the very word unique means the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, so it is either unique or it isnt and cannot be quite or very unique. My apologies as this is clearly nothing at all to do with my beloved Wigan Rugby team!!!!!!
Christ on a bike I thought I'd logged into an English grammar forum for a minute! Back into the important stuff, Davies for me over Marshall agree he's a better all round player but being young still makes defensive mistakes eg under the high ball like last week.