Club Announcement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Club Announcement

Post by josie andrews »

Marketing Director, Simon Collinson, to Leave Wigan Warriors

Collinson departs after 13 years with the Wigan Club

Marketing Director to leave the Club at the end of August

Wigan Warriors announce that Marketing Director, Simon Collinson, will leave the Club at the end of August.

Collinson has spent 13 years with the Club having joined from Bradford Bulls in 2004. During his time at the Club he has played a major role in shaping the Warriors’ Marketing Strategy with Wigan consistently recording average attendances in excess of 14,000 since 2006 as well as achieving four of the five highest Super League club attendances of all time.

Collinson will leave the Warriors to take up a global Marketing Director role with sports video analysis provider, Hudl.

Chairman, Ian Lenagan, said:

“On behalf of the Wigan Club we would like to thank Simon for his immense efforts over the years and to congratulate him on this new career move. Simon is undoubtedly a very talented individual who will be missed at Wigan Warriors.We wish Simon and his family well in his new career direction and look forward to seeing him at the DW Stadium as a Wigan fan in the near future.

“The timing of Simon’s departure has been mutually agreed and has allowed us to bring forward planning of our new Club Strategy under Kris Radlinski and David Moore. This includes review of all commercial, marketing, community and retail operations and we believe there are some exciting times ahead.”

Simon Collinson said:

“It has been an honour to serve this great Club and the decision to leave Wigan is one of the hardest I’ve ever had to make but on both a personal and professional level it feels like now is the right time to move on. I’m confident that the structure and people now in place will continue see the Club grow and there are undoubtedly some exciting times ahead.

“I’ve been privileged to be part of some unbelievable experiences and to meet and work with some incredible people. Whilst I’d like to thank all of them there’s far too many to single out. Even though I’ll be moving on I will remain close to my Wigan ‘family’ and I now look forward to being able to support the boys from the stands alongside my wife, children and parents.”

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... qcRtGPU.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan