Tonights Game v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: Tonights Game v Leeds

Post by pearsy »

Ok we got the 2pionts but it was still very poor in attack How much longer are they going to go with Williams trying to kick conventions it' will come back to haunt them in a important match maybe next week?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

So what did we learn? Well, nothing really. The players who are good played well and the players who aren't much cop played badly. I suppose Isa did best eventually - he was awful at the start but improved as the game went on.
We still have a hole in the middle of the field with the usual suspects being caught on the wrong ide of the tackle and thus being out of the defensive line.
Our left side - Burgess, Gildart, Williams and Farrell when back is about the best in the competition but the right side still looks wobbly. Compare Gildart's brilliant run from outside to inside when backing up George's break to the static nature of everyone when Sam took off on lateral runs to the right. No dummy runners, no breaking away - just stand and wait to see what happens and the move breaks down.
I don't suppose he'll thank me but I increasingly get the feeling that we would be better defensively and attacking if JB went into the centres. I realise he doesn't want to play there as a first choice but we would be stronger.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I thought isa was close too mom.....he never stopped tackling and running good lines....hes a lot better than joel imo.....mm was very good as well when he was on the pitch.also sutton and clubb......i keep saying this but we need a seven and a right centre next year without a doubt
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
superleague

Post by superleague »

It was still poor, the boring predictable attack still present that will trouble non of the teams above us (when playing their first teams)
The defense only looked good as it was men vs boys, anyone who thinks where going to win any silverware needs to give their heads a wobble as your seriously deluding yourself
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

superleague wrote:It was still poor, the boring predictable attack still present that will trouble non of the teams above us (when playing their first teams)
The defense only looked good as it was men vs boys, anyone who thinks where going to win any silverware needs to give their heads a wobble as your seriously deluding yourself
Maybe we are saving all our flair in attack for Salford! Let's hope so!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:It was still poor, the boring predictable attack still present that will trouble non of the teams above us (when playing their first teams)
Maybe we are saving all our flair in attack for Salford! Let's hope so!! :lol:
lol hopefully but I doubt it
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Still think Sutton has gone backwards this season. As for FPN 'The Wrecking Ball' - what does that make Tony Clubb after his fabulous demolition of the horrible Jones-Buchanan last night? Hit of the season for me.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Southern Softy wrote:Still think Sutton has gone backwards this season. As for FPN 'The Wrecking Ball' - what does that make Tony Clubb after his fabulous demolition of the horrible Jones-Buchanan last night? Hit of the season for me.
i thought sutton played well last nite...... i have thought he was going backwards beforehand....was some hit off clubb and on the right person
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

Sutton was fantastic last night
Been very good all year and for a 21/22 year old to be leading our pack for most of the year is outstanding.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Southern Softy wrote:Still think Sutton has gone backwards this season. As for FPN 'The Wrecking Ball' - what does that make Tony Clubb after his fabulous demolition of the horrible Jones-Buchanan last night? Hit of the season for me.
Sutty had a good game last night his work rate is phenomenal.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards