Semi Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Re: Semi Squad

Post by superleague »

Well That was a lesson in how to capitulate
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Caboosegg wrote:20 minutes in Powell comes on for Micky Mac salford get two tries in short order.
It's as predictable as night follows day. We need to buck up huge in the second half.
Waney will come up with the answers. :wink:
Unfortunate with the sin bin.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If we had a right centre the game would have been dead and buried........ also tommy needs to kick the ball longer than 10 yards on pens
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

If there has ever been a more shameful display of refereeing, I hope I'm never there to see it.
Salford laying on for ages - that's OK
Flat pass from Wigan = forward
Endless 'flat' passes from Carney - absolutely fine
Offside - doesn't apply to Salford - stand where you like boys
And how they desperately tried to give a penalty try - couldn't, so made up a sin-binning.
When will the RL see what we all see? Child is inconsistent and becomes stubborn when he makes mistakes, so makes even more mistakes.
We'll have to play out of our skins to beat 13+1 in that second half.
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Caboosegg wrote:20 minutes in Powell comes on for Micky Mac salford get two tries in short order.
Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Southern Softy wrote:If there has ever been a more shameful display of refereeing, I hope I'm never there to see it.
And how they desperately tried to give a penalty try - couldn't, so made up a sin-binning.
When will the RL see what we all see? Child is inconsistent and becomes stubborn when he makes mistakes, so makes even more mistakes.
Was their first penalty actually a penalty, are you allowed to push a defender back to the ground as he is getting up before you pretend to fall over him? surely a professional fowl
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Southern Softy wrote:If there has ever been a more shameful display of refereeing, I hope I'm never there to see it.
Sorry - meant 13+2 but we did play out of our skins. Top stuff.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Gelling not in the same league as Gilldart.Lets get rid of Powell .Tomkins looking like his old self .Job well done
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:
Nothing to do with it being Powell, it's the fact MM can't play a full 80 or even 40, start with Powell and take him off at twenty and the same happens, we need an 80 minute Hooker, end of story
yes it is MM can play 80 minutes. their is a interview on wigan tv either start of last year or end of 2015. MM clearly states only reason he isnt playing 80 is wane.

this isnt a powell bash hes earnt a place in the squad but when he subs MM the speed of the play of the ball drops and salford got in the game. no because powell cant tackle we all know he can but because MM kept Dobson and Carney under pressure powell didnt and salford got back in he game.

that being said resulted we wanted although major improvements needed if we are to stand a chance against the hull team that played last night.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Best moment by far Carney flat out on the floor pretending to be injured. Wants a penalty does not get it and then gets taken off complaining he is ok.

Salford were at that all game. Apart from a 15 minute spell we looked a level above them. Sam Tomkins best game in a long while and we look different class with MM on the pitch.

Our attack still not firing but we could have scored 7 tries today with a touch of luck. Ben Thaler is a thief no way he can not award the Burgess no try. Their in all balance of probability separation but it was not clear enough to over turn the refs call.

If I was Wane now is the time to complain about him officially and go to the media and point out our record with him and bring up 2014 why did he not send both off. Childs was okay today second half he let the game go.