Gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Gelling

Post by yokozuna »

I've defended Gelling and his antics, as he always gives 100%.

But tonight he's been shocking defensively. They've scored all their tries down that side. Truly awful from Gelling.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

When he's run it in he's looked great............... But a turnstile in defence, not looked interested in tackling

Matt
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Bateman needs too be moved there and nxt season we need to let gels,tommy,joel,powell and lockers leave , or be replaced.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Firestarter you forgot about a coach
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

and fpn
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pearsy wrote:Firestarter you forgot about a coach
that goes without saying......im waiting for the unacceptable comment at the end of the game from SW
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Warrior Gilfedder wrote:and fpn
yes if his wage is as big as im told.....only good point tonite was sam again...... i dont think george is gonna improve under this coach.....its not that we are playing boring, i think its our execution that is terrible
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

There is a request to sign world class imports but, surprisingly, they are not cheap and they soon eat into your salary cap without any guarantee that they can perform at the level to which you may expect. I don't recall too many dissenting voices when we signed FPN but now several posters want rid. As to the constant suggestion that Lenegan won't spend - look at the accounts as suggested.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Seinfeld79 wrote:There is a request to sign world class imports but, surprisingly, they are not cheap and they soon eat into your salary cap without any guarantee that they can perform at the level to which you may expect.
So what is IL on about by the Wigan v Hull jaunt to Oz when he says it will put is in front to the queue for NRL signings?

Do we (and does he) want them or not? Is that statement just B/S to justify the jaunt?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:Gelling was very silly to have fallen for that and deserved ten minutes. However, there are some harsh words for the fellow on this thread. He many not be breaking the pots he broke last season, and he has had a mediocre game here and there this season, but when on-song, he's been brilliant. It has to be pointed out also, that he appears not to be "wired-up reet", I've heard it said, so allowances have to be made, don't they?
Why? If you are suggesting he is always likely to do something daft I would disagree.

All he has to do is be a team player and have the brains to know when it's time to take on the opposition single handed and when it is time to play as part of the team. He's done nothing since the day he started to convince me he can do this.
And team play with brains doesn't include passes for wingers to score tries.
The attempt where Tom Davies glanced the touchline before grounding the ball was class ball supply from Gelling who held off two very strong players to distribute that ball.
And to night? The passes his winger got didn't come from him and yet again his defence is all over the place. He is just not good enough.