Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Flower

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We are missing him as a starting prop. Sutty is fantastic but having to start him rather than bringing him on as a substitute has further weakened our side.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ian b

Re: Flower

Post by ian b »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:We are missing him as a starting prop. Sutty is fantastic but having to start him rather than bringing him on as a substitute has further weakened our side.
according to some fans he's not good enough !!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hes our best prop imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian b

Post by ian b »

Firestarter wrote:Hes our best prop imo
totally agree pal
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

cherry.pie wrote:I've always thought Flower was very underrated. He's not going to make barnstorming runs like bigger, more powerful props might but his strength has always been his ability to hit the ground on his front and get quick play the ball and his late footwork at the line. Subtle little things like being able to step before contact and preventing the defence from dominating the tackle can make a big difference.
Plus his defence and his line speed are very good.
thats pretty much bang on.....thats why thr aussies were sniffing round
markill

Post by markill »

Fawdoffshed wrote:Maybe Flower's temperament is holding Wane back from playing him.

That would be somewhat ironic. :D
I think his busted Achilles is what's holding him back from being selected. I can't think of a time he's been dropped for performance, or temperament (the disciplinary panel have taken care of that), at any point in his Wigan career.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
warriorwilliams

Post by warriorwilliams »

cherry.pie wrote:I've always thought Flower was very underrated. He's not going to make barnstorming runs like bigger, more powerful props might but his strength has always been his ability to hit the ground on his front and get quick play the ball and his late footwork at the line. Subtle little things like being able to step before contact and preventing the defence from dominating the tackle can make a big difference.
Spot on! In addition, he is committed to the club despite not being a local lad. Has turned down bigger offers to remain with the club and bought in to Wigan as a place - for me all this shows on the pitch.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

warriorwilliams wrote:
Spot on! In addition, he is committed to the club despite not being a local lad. Has turned down bigger offers to remain with the club and bought in to Wigan as a place - for me all this shows on the pitch.
Apart from Salford pre-ban and offered to Widnes on two occasions since which bigger offers did he turn down? Name the teams

I was like most just going to avoid a Flower topic but there's only so much bullshit you can read.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Josie's friend wrote:
warriorwilliams wrote:
Apart from Salford pre-ban and offered to Widnes on two occasions since which bigger offers did he turn down? Name the teams

I was like most just going to avoid a Flower topic but there's only so much bullshit you can read.
i did read that a few aussie clubs were interested.....i think it could have been canberra but im not 100%
warriorwilliams

Post by warriorwilliams »

Josie's friend wrote:
warriorwilliams wrote:

So quick to start an argument for no reason! No need for the bullsh!t remark either. I didn't realise you were the source of all knowledge and had the divine right to say what is or isn't correct.

According to his Dad, whilst on the Catalans trip, he has turned down offers to stay and is even willing to take a pay cut in his next contract to stay with us - he didn't mention specific teams regarding the offers, but did hint some were from the NRL.

Now I'm not sure how much further in the horse's mouth you want me to hear it from than his own Father before it is not 'bullsh!t', but I was simply relaying the message.

Have a good day :tong1: