Joel Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:If only Joel had played last night, Saints might have won
Like Hull at Wembley, oh wait!!
HaHaHaHaHaHa that's the 2nd good one you've come out with this morning
I wouldn't be too bothered

He's been in hiding since last week's result :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wes wrote: Hulls forwards are considerably bigger than ours, their size did not hinder them in the blistering heat, they won! Apparently you being a super fan was their so surely you should know this, seeing what is in front of you and all!
If you noticed, their forwards created the platform for Sneyd to kick behind and Kelly to "dance" and run our defence around. Not something Joel is good at doing. Why mention you thought the game might have played out differently if you thought his input would have improved on what you saw? You saw it that he would have performed "better" in your opinion. That is contrary to any performances he has with the club and in general he has never shone when the remaining pack members have struggled.

Your last statement says you
Wes wrote: I post on forums to broaden my views and knowledge and debate with some great people HOWEVER I do this as a grown up I don't post to ridicule anybody or their views no matter how much they differ!
So then proceed to say "
Apparently you being a super fan was their (sic) so surely you should know this, seeing what is in front of you and all
If that is "Grown up" and "debate" you have a very strange idea of exactly what they are :wink:
Wes wrote: Joel is a big game player offering size, offload ability and aggression to name but a few qualities that is my opinion. In my opinion we missed him at Wembley, the result may have been the same it may not who knows but that's the beauty of debate and forums.
!
Big game player?! I define world class stars as "big game players". Wigan have some, but inconsistency is their issue. What you mean is he has played in some big games - which IS different. Considering cherry pie has all ready answered that we did not play and "off loading game" it would have been pointless to introduce someone who would have been contradictory to the tactics wouldn't it? I mean why would Wane pick someone who wouldn't do what he actually trained and was asked to do on the field? Niggle, I do not mind controlled aggression - that is part of the game. When opponents start to intimidate and impose then you need someone who will not back down and get "into the mix", you don't want someone, who blatantly sticks punches in, throws his leg out to trip or generally starts to lose his rag and become a liability (which to be fair is what happens with Joel when he becomes involved).
Wes wrote: I post on forums to broaden my views and knowledge and debate with some great people HOWEVER I do this as a grown up I don't post to ridicule anybody or their views no matter how much they differ! If you can't agree with that then it is you who needs to grow up.
And yet YOU throw snidely comments at another user and then pretend your feelings are somehow "hurt" that a fellow poster contradicted you and was probably more upset that you didn't have an "army" of others posting to agree with you
Wes wrote: Surely if I was happy or content I wouldn't be commenting on something that went wrong?!
1600 posts in six years and then you take your time to come on here and say you thought Joel would have (in your opinion) made some sort of difference, a line of thought no one is running around actually saying as a fact or possibility. I claimed it could have been Manfredi (could have been Flower etc etc) but the fact remains it was the tactics we got wrong, not the teams selection (which was pretty much full strength barring one or two long term injuries)

Am I ecstatic we won last night? You bet I am. I just do not understand why that level of performance was on show for such an important game for the club last weekend

But, if you care to debate on..............
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:If only Joel had played last night, Saints might have won
Like Hull at Wembley, oh wait!!
Am I wrong?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

butt monkey wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Like Hull at Wembley, oh wait!!
I wouldn't be too bothered

He's been in hiding since last week's result :lol:
I have never known a family holiday being referred to as 'hiding' but each to their own, I suppose you didn't know, but jumping to conclusions without any evidence is never a good idea!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

What if we'd had Joel in place of Wells against Saints? I guess he'd have played more minutes, making other props more effective/less tired. And maybe it's just me, but imo he would have added to what was on offer.

If he's fit, I'd have him in the 17 next week to freshen us up and rest one of the forwards ready for the GF.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐