New signings for next year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: New signings for next year

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I thought Taylor was impressive at Catalan and would be a handful in a team with some decent players around him.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wiganer Ted wrote:It all depends if FPN stays or not.

If he stays then we seem well covered in the forwards.
FPN, Flower, Clubb, TT, Sutton, then plus Bretherton and the younger lads.

As for other signings, not too sure, our halves needs sorting out whether a signing is required will depend on how Shorrocks is recovering. As for the backs, we seem well covered if we include Forsyth and Higginson as cover for centre. If experience is thought necessary then we'll have to buy.
Doubts surround FPN but I have heard a little whisper that one forward has signed for Cronulla next season. Bretherton has had injury issues this season that seem to have curtailed his progress. Is he falling behind the younger forwards starting to emerge?

Forsyth has been a disappointment. Not skillful enough to be a quality centre and seriously lacks pace the trouble even the most average of defenses - a career at Swinton beckons imo. Higginson is another, was impressed with Worthington on his debut (despite the loss). We keep too many players we should move on to strengthen in areas we really do need to recruit in
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

Yeah I am counting the year he was at Catalan and the year he was st Canberra, both of which are the last two years not the three clubs you mention before that.

An Aussie international? He has played for them once. If he is so great why has he signed for a championship team. Surely if he is so great Aussie/super league teams would be all over him to sign for them. Please don't say "he signed for Toronto" so therefore can't get out of it - we all know contracts aren't worth that much and if an Aussie team wanted him he could get out of the Toronto deal and sign with them.

He is fat and lazy no thanks.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Taylor has baggage but I'd have him in a heartbeat good player despite all the nonsense he's put himself through.

Good signing for Toronto,a huge open market just waiting to be picked,there seems to be an appetite for the game over there,he'll you could have thought forward thinking clubs would have taken a game over there,given we are going to be playing them in a season or two.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Again, if FPN were to leave then I'd hope we'd look at Julien Bousquet of Catalan. A huge prop who if he came and improved the way Escare has then we'd have one heck of a prop at the club.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I'd be looking at Adam Blair. 30years old, end of his contract with the broncos. Tail end of his career but still got 3 years left in him at least
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:Taylor has baggage but I'd have him in a heartbeat good player despite all the nonsense he's put himself through.

Good signing for Toronto,a huge open market just waiting to be picked,there seems to be an appetite for the game over there,he'll you could have thought forward thinking clubs would have taken a game over there,given we are going to be playing them in a season or two.
According to Bilko, Taylor's shorts are like a badly packed parachute! ????????????

Is that the "baggage" you mean ????????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Barney841 wrote:I'd be looking at Adam Blair. 30years old, end of his contract with the broncos. Tail end of his career but still got 3 years left in him at least
Going to the other Warriors.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I'd be looking at Adam Blair. 30years old, end of his contract with the broncos. Tail end of his career but still got 3 years left in him at least
Is that a definite?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Barney841 wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Is that a definite?
Well it's a graveyard for sure; the NRL's perennial under-achievers.