Tonight Payback Time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
5miler

Re: Tonight Payback Time

Post by 5miler »

Watts also on report for the cannonball tackle on Bateman a few minutes earlier.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Gelling cost us another game....oh wait! FWIW I thought SOL was outstanding and FPN's 2nd half stint probably won us the game in the end!

How many times has Watts been sent off this season?
He's had three red cards this season!
....but he didn't mean it!! :wink:
apparently the Liverpool player didn't mean to kick the City keeper in the head today either,but the rules state dangerous play and he had to go. All ex players going off about it saying he shouldn't have been sent off but the keeper still went off injured. Not seen it myself as I don't watch the cabbage kickers but it was getting a lot of coverage on the radio. Last nights and today's intentional? Maybe not but dangerous play and the refs enforced the laws correctly.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

5miler wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He's had three red cards this season!
....but he didn't mean it!! :wink:
apparently the Liverpool player didn't mean to kick the City keeper in the head today either,but the rules state dangerous play and he had to go. All ex players going off about it saying he shouldn't have been sent off but the keeper still went off injured. Not seen it myself as I don't watch the cabbage kickers but it was getting a lot of coverage on the radio. Last nights and today's intentional? Maybe not but dangerous play and the refs enforced the laws correctly.
I am a Liverpool fan and in the minority on this. For me it was a sending off its direct contact to the head with a player not in control of his movement.

As for last night watched it 20 times and I do think its a sending off. Again direct contact with the non ball carrying arm and his arm moves as he goes into contact. Correct on both sending off.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Anyone with news about MM's injury?
5miler

Post by 5miler »

jobo wrote:Anyone with news about MM's injury?
just read on Hull forum MM has put out on social media that he's ok,doesn't blame anyone,it's rugby league and it happens. Don't know if that was paraphrased by the poster or not. They ain't happy,it was Micky fault for assaulting Watts elbow with his head,the referee is bent and Houghton would have just shaken his head and got on with it cos he's made of better stuff( used a bit of artistic license but you get the gist).
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

5miler wrote:Watts also on report for the cannonball tackle on Bateman a few minutes earlier.
I am sure that was Griffin!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Firestarter wrote:
old hooker wrote:
thegimble wrote: When did we sign him? Cause I have not seen a thing from him this season. Passenger of the highest order.
Could be worse, we could still have Matty Smith.
its worse..... we replaced him with tommy
You are not serious, Tommy has umteen caps for the Kiwis, has been a superb player wherever he has played and you are saying Smith is better than TL.Have a look on Redvee which if you dont know is Saints website and see what the opinion of Smith is.He has been useless wherever he played and is not fit to lace Tommys boots
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

old hooker wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
old hooker wrote: Could be worse, we could still have Matty Smith.
its worse..... we replaced him with tommy
You are not serious, Tommy has umteen caps for the Kiwis, has been a superb player wherever he has played and you are saying Smith is better than TL.Have a look on Redvee which if you dont know is Saints website and see what the opinion of Smith is.He has been useless wherever he played and is not fit to lace Tommys boots
Tommy before he left was good on his return just as bad but Smith has a much better kicking game.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

TL as a scrum half is not great. It took Wayne Bennett (who was then coach of New Zealand) to introduce TL as an interchange hooker and Wigan copied that with much success. It is that time fans remember from TL (and his massive shoulder charges)

His return as a scrum half as been about as poor as you can get. Better than Smith, not as good as he was in his first stint

However, he and George do not combine well together but at least TL can tackle. Our problem is that we could have done with Escare at full back and Sam in the halves with TL coming off the bench for MM. Far more balanced team in my opinion

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea good hooker but hes been poor this season...... smith and green was a very good combination and too be honest i couldnt give a rats arse what is said on redvee
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE