Tonight Payback Time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Tonight Payback Time

Post by widdenoldboy »

butt monkey wrote:TL as a scrum half is not great. It took Wayne Bennett (who was then coach of New Zealand) to introduce TL as an interchange hooker and Wigan copied that with much success.

However, he and George do not combine well together but at least TL can tackle. Our problem is that we could have done with Escare at full back and Sam in the halves with TL coming off the bench for MM. Far more balanced team in my opinion
Wonder if that was the plan for this season, possibly to also easr Shorrocks into scrum half role, until he got injured?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If Smith was any good he would still be at Wigan.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
5miler

Post by 5miler »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
5miler wrote:Watts also on report for the cannonball tackle on Bateman a few minutes earlier.
I am sure that was Griffin!!
just seen it back on Wigan tv.I stand corrected.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

No mention of Watts on SL site for this week's disciplinary??? Not even a "sending off sufficient" or "not guilty".

Can anybody explain?

Answered my own question. Found this from Hull Daily Mail:

Details on Watts and McIlorum incident
No ban but the RFL still saying the call is sending off sufficient.

“Player carrying ball in and begins to change direction and brace for impact from defender who is approaching player at speed from the inside. Elbow and forearm of player are not promoted. Contact made between head of opponent and front of arm of opponent. Sending Off Sufficient,” the RFL stated on their website.

INCIDENT:

Strikes with forearm in the 22nd minute (McIlorum)

16:44
Details of no charge on O'Loughlin after late hit on Sneyd
“Player makes contact with opponent after ball has been kicked. Contact is made in open-handed manner to chest then hands rides upwards to make some contact to face of opponent. Worthy of on field penalty,” the RFL stated on their website.

DECISION:

No charge

INCIDENT:

Late contact in the 2nd minute (Sneyd)

16:43
No charge details on Griffin
“Player initially makes contact to back of opponent. Player then backs out of tackle before re-entering, making direct contact to back of legs of opponent. Contact made to back of upper leg of opponent and player has not applied pressure against natural range of movement. Other defenders then take opponent to ground,” the RFL stated on their website.

DECISION:

No charge

INCIDENT:

Dangerous Contact in the 17th minute (Bateman)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've already posted the disciplinary outcome on the General Forum.

I think it's a fair outcome.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The more I look at the incident it wasn't a sending off Watts hard to done to with the benefit of hindsight of course oh well all done now
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

fozzieskem wrote:The more I look at the incident it wasn't a sending off Watts hard to done to with the benefit of hindsight of course oh well all done now
I have thought the sending off was 50/50. For me, what probably pushed the on field decision was Watts' follow through into Clubb in almost the same action. Now that was high, that was intentional and if that same elbow had connected that WOULD have cleaned Tony Clubb out
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

butt monkey wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:The more I look at the incident it wasn't a sending off Watts hard to done to with the benefit of hindsight of course oh well all done now
I have thought the sending off was 50/50. For me, what probably pushed the on field decision was Watts' follow through into Clubb in almost the same action. Now that was high, that was intentional and if that same elbow had connected that WOULD have cleaned Tony Clubb out
On that I agree he did go in high with the follow through but I think if we take that away it's a poor tackle by MM that led to the sending off,that said someone was going to be sent off at some due to the general niggling that was going around all evening.

Not a fan of the two ref system but nights like Friday it makes sense.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Think it was 50/50 as to the intent. Only Watts knows the truth.
My point of view is it was an on purpose, as opposed to an accident.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote:I've already posted the disciplinary outcome on the General Forum.

I think it's a fair outcome.
Sorry Josie. :blush:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐