Travelling Home Fans Sunday 17/09/2017

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PaulC

Re: Travelling Home Fans Sunday 17/09/2017

Post by PaulC »

Nearly 2 your drive to every home game for me :-)

Love the weekend games as the wee lad comes too
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Brilliant effort from the previous posters, I'm not too far away near Chester. M6 northbound on a Friday night is a pain in the arse but not going to complain any more!!!!! :D

Matt
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

cantonwarrior78 wrote:Good effort from both parties. I wonder how many significantly out of areas Warriors fans there are.

Do either of you get the chance to go to many games ?
4 of the 6 coming on Sunday are season ticket holders and get to almost all the weekend games . Thursday night games are a bit iffy as it means taking 2 days holiday but get too as many Thursday games as possible . We get to just over half the Away games depending on day and kick off time . We also have a member of our group who gets to around half the home games and she comes over from Belfast.

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote:Well done to all Wigan Warriors fans who travel from afar ????????????⚪️

In the 80's/90's I used travel to the weekend home games from Aberdeen, that was 758 miles round trip. Now I travel to all home (about a 3 mile round trip) & away games ???? ????????⚪️
Aberdeen to Edinburgh used to be (and still is) a nightmare even with all the new by passes now . On to Wigan after that journey would be mental . I would have to listen to the game on the radio in the car park after that journey because I wouldn't be able to get out of the car , siezed solid behind the wheel .

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So glad I don't have to do those long trips any more! :)

Up to 6-7 hours on the M5/M6 was no fun at all! Still, I was glad to do it, as EW and youse others guys are.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

About 80 miles round from Blackpool. Not too bad at all really.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Well done to all Wigan Warriors fans who travel from afar ????????????⚪️

In the 80's/90's I used travel to the weekend home games from Aberdeen, that was 758 miles round trip. Now I travel to all home (about a 3 mile round trip) & away games ???? ????????⚪️
Aberdeen to Edinburgh used to be (and still is) a nightmare even with all the new by passes now . On to Wigan after that journey would be mental . I would have to listen to the game on the radio in the car park after that journey because I wouldn't be able to get out of the car , siezed solid behind the wheel .

Regards , EW
It was horrendous back then, no proper motorways from Carlisle to Glasgow, it was only when I reached Glasgow I felt I was almost home! I had another 3 1/2 hour drive. After Glasgow it was the A90 then.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

A ridiculous amount of miles from Bolton lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

WELL DONE YOU ALL ARE A CREDIT TO OUR CLUB. :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

mickw wrote:I travelled about an 8 mile round trip and it was too far to watch that garbage ☹
With you on that Mick, I can walk to the DW in 30 minutes and if I hadn't been wearing a Wigan shirt I'd have seriously consider walking home at half time.

Feel so sorry for anyone having to travel more than an hour today!