Vs cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Vs cas

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote:Joel was one of our better players today..
but its Time for Wane to go we played well for 20 minutes today and Almost got back into it. wheres was the effort and motivation the other 60.. Wanes has always been a motivator but he seems to have lost that ability.

Williams was shocking today and it was his opportunity to shine,both Castlefords halves are out but Williams does nothing.

we are missing a planner, like it or not TL is not the right sort of player to replace him with, we missed smith planning/communication/organisation. Yes their are better halves than smith at it but we didnt get one!
He's that good that Saints have dropped him!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

acwrlfc wrote:How anyone can defend Williams is beyond me. The most over rated player in SL by an absolute mile and don't tell me its inexperience, hes been playing for 4 years and is an international (not quite sure how though). He was up against a rookie and a hooker today , the cas half back played in the under 19game a fortnight ago, so plenty of experience there!!!!!

Also we don't have the size to dominate teams as per 4 years ago against Sydney. Look at Macmekeen (sp) against Farrell , completr mis match in size and I know who will play for England in the world cup.

Last point Wane has to go if he has got the Club at heart and our recruitment massively needs to improve. The fans cant suffer the same dire rubbish again next season.

As well as Wane, Winder and Bitcom , I d realise ,Gelling, FPN, Powell, Tommy, JT isa and Williams (wont happen because some clown made him a marquee player)

If you ve read Rads blogs it wont happen as Wane in his eyes can do no wrong cos he works hard (don't we all when doing our jobs)

I am glad that this shambles of a season is all over and wait to hear of any announcemnts
Gregory and Edwards in their pomp would struggle behind our pack. Our starting front row is the worst in SL.
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

You're number is up Shaun (and your beloved coaching team). For the sake of our great club you love, stand down or be sacked! You are destroying our great club. Adios Mr Wane!
shaunedwardsfanclub

cherry.pie wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Joel was one of our better players today..
All he did was shove a Cas player when we'd scored a try to cause an unnecessary pushing match. Other than that he did bugger all as usual. Probably the biggest waste of salary cap we've had this year and considering we have FPN that's saying something.
There is no room for sentiment in sport, some of the greatest players that we have had got moved on when they started to decline, others were moved on because they were not good enough. IFL and Rads are responsible for the hiring and firing and they have made some really bad decisions, it's time for them to put it right. We badly need to undertake major surgery. I think most will agree that Waney has run his course and that we need new ideas on the training pitch. To give Joel a new contract was ludicrous, Tommy has been a disappointment. FPN, MM, Clubb and Powell are not good enough as we have no punch upfront and no creativity around the ruck. Faz and Batty play so wide that we might as well play them as centres rather than forwards. Cas are not a great team but they do the basics a lot better than most teams, anyone who knows nothing about RL would have thought that it was a must win game for Cas today and that Wigan had already qualified for the semis. If players can't get motivated in front of almost 16,000 fans with so much at stake then they have got to ask if they should be playing professional RL. This season has been shambolic and the CEO needs to sort it.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Totally agree IFL has some big decisions to make but has he got the bollocks to do it. also driving to the Cas game in April I remember Mr Lenegan saying I wish could play them with a full team out and we would later on in the season. Well that day was today and the result.
I cant tell you how angry I am with the Club and let down I feel.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

So disappointing.
All the hope that a win could get us a top three or four place was made to look so unplaced.
Cas were a class above. From their first set they broke our defence twice and made around 60-70 mtrs. Their tries were well worked and they broke our defence so easily.
Our attack was hopeless, we had three pens on the bounce just before half time and were clueless.

We have to improve massively for next year and changes need to be made. I don't like suggesting someone should be sacked at all. I'd rather say that we need an attack coach. I have mentioned Toovey but apparently he's going back to Aus. Cas's handling and passing was so much better than ours, at times it was embarrassing.
I'd like to know what our completion rate was in the first half.
It wasn't good enough for Wigan and everyone in the ground today could see that.

As has been said, before next season we need major announcements.
To me those appointments and announcements need to be made prior to the first season ticket deadline date passing.
If we don't have anything before then it could spell trouble for the club.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Looking through the posts here it's hard to disagree on much but the one thing I mainly disagree on is that the squad isn't as good as we think. We have some very good players. Some who could easily play NRL. Individually we are one of if not the best squad.
I've not wanted to jump on the sack wane bandwagon but watching these players running around not knowing weather they're coming or going just shows they lack direction. It looks like Wane tells them to play a specific way and if it goes tits up we have no plan B.
shaunedwardsfanclub

acwrlfc wrote:Totally agree IFL has some big decisions to make but has he got the bollocks to do it. also driving to the Cas game in April I remember Mr Lenegan saying I wish could play them with a full team out and we would later on in the season. Well that day was today and the result.
I cant tell you how angry I am with the Club and let down I feel.
I am the world's worst looser but provided we aim up and have a dig I can reluctantly accept a defeat when we are beaten by a better team. The first half performance today was nothing short of embarrassing. I fear that there are major issues in the club, there are certainly cliques and somebody needs to sort out this mess. I don't look forward to match days anymore, a lot of people part with their hard earned money each week and they are being short changed.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I never like to criticise running a club as it is a thankless task, but after watching Wigan for 60 yrs I feel I have the experience to comment. I know that unless your pack takes you forward the backs will always be on the back foot with no time to create an attacking move, and it is a crazy system when we have backs driving the ball up the middle giving away 3 stone to forwards. The only time a back should be at half back is when a big forward has made big yardage and made a quick play the ball to catch the opposition on the wrong foot.
We have no structure in attack what so ever and our coach should tell Gelling to stop coming out of the line and leaving holes in the defence, which Tommy has to plug for him.If medals were given for passion Wane would win them all, but if medals were given for coaching he would be empty handed.

IL go to Australia and beg Maguire to come home with you or someone similar and let them guide you who to buy. mmmmmmmmm
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Example you bought 2 rugby union forwards who turned out disasters & a prop from Leigh who never played a game and a French forward who we have loaned back to his previous club.

mmmmmmmmm