Why is this still going on?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dave-C

Why is this still going on?

Post by Dave-C »

An excerpt from Warriors website about our last fateful game, from SW:

Asked if his side missed skipper Sean O’Loughlin:

I’m not sure how much difference he would have made. We might have defended a bit better but individually today we were way off. It’s going to be a bad few days this week.”

Read more at http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... tTWeErd.99

Really?????

Is he really this blind? Why is he still in a coaching job? In football he would be sacked instantly. All pointing to the fact he hasn't got a clue what he is and has been doing over the last few seasons.

He's got to go. Don't like burning a person down but at the same time can't stand seeing the BLATENTLY OBVIOUS happening and furthermore being allowed to happen. Kick in the face to the paying fans.
The Yonner

Re: Why is this still going on?

Post by The Yonner »

I don't buy this O'Loughlin argument. Obviously we are better with him in the team, but there have been plenty of abject performances with him on the field over the last three seasons.

Seems that some people are looking to provide excuses to continue with the current personnel, when its very obvious that both team and coaching staff need a major overhaul.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, quite, and to me this doesn't make Wane's comments unreasonable; I'm sure we would have been better with Lockers in the side, but would that have prevented the individual errors, dropped balls etc, that cost us so dearly?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Before the game Lockers is so important to the team Wane says he is a bigger loss to us than Gale is to Cas.

After the game he is then saying he doesn't think he would have made much difference.

Which is it?

And don't tell me the comments before the game were "mind games". This is a professional game played and coached by adults, not gullible kids.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Fair enough Josie,way to go.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Season is over. Saints have won and cas are putting a weakened side out tomorrow.
Look forward to another disappointing season next year
Dave-C

Post by Dave-C »

Sack Wane or I'm cancelling the Sky Sports subscription for next year. I am not putting up with the same shite next season!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Dave-C wrote:Sack Wane or I'm cancelling the Sky Sports subscription for next year. I am not putting up with the same shite next season!
Now that's what I call protesting!
The Club will lose big money from that?! :lol:
Perhaps not bothering wih Wigan TV would be more effective? :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Was it early last season or the season before OLoughlin was out for a while and we started to cope and play well without him,but as soon as he was anywhere near fit Wane put him back in at the time it seemed to knock the team back, I agree we do play better now with him but for me if he hadn't been unnecessarily rushed back the team now would be better equipped to manage without him ,how long has he got left 1 season maybe 2 at a push we need to start grooming somebody now to take over before its too late
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jasonnlouise wrote:Was it early last season or the season before OLoughlin was out for a while and we started to cope and play well without him,but as soon as he was anywhere near fit Wane put him back in at the time it seemed to knock the team back, I agree we do play better now with him but for me if he hadn't been unnecessarily rushed back the team now would be better equipped to manage without him ,how long has he got left 1 season maybe 2 at a push we need to start grooming somebody now to take over before its too late
Wigan had everyone’s favourite whipping boy Marty Smith leading them round the park and winning many a close game,but he’s crap,useless etc just added that to save everyone time