19-Man Squad: Vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-Man Squad: Vs Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name squad for Super 8s game against Wakefield Trinity

Warriors make trip to take on Trinity on Saturday

Sean O’Loughlin returns, Joe Burgess out with hamstring injury

Wigan Warriors have today named the 19-man squad for Saturday’s Super 8s game with Wakefield Trinity.

The Warriors make two changes as Sean O’Loughlin returns from a calf injury, Joe Bretherton also earns a recall. The pair replace Joe Burgess (hamstring) and Jack Wells.

Wigan will meet Wakefield for the third time this year with both teams having won one game each. Wigan won the game at Wakefield 16-10 in April before Chris Chester’s side returned the favour at the DW Stadium in May with a 42-30 success.

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad

John Bateman, Joe Bretherton, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Liam Farrell, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Thomas Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Michael Mcilorum, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, George Williams.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2017- ... 6IPXRKK.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Wakefield

Post by Southern Softy »

If I were Shaun Wane, I'd procure 19 sick certificates tomorrow and play the Academy team. What is going on at Castleford would attract the anti-corruption authorities if this were any other sport. Obviously the bad blood between Powell and Wane may be behind this but this is a travesty.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Southern Softy wrote:If I were Shaun Wane, I'd procure 19 sick certificates tomorrow and play the Academy team. What is going on at Castleford would attract the anti-corruption authorities if this were any other sport. Obviously the bad blood between Powell and Wane may be behind this but this is a travesty.
So it was OK for us to rest players in SL from early July in 2013 until the play offs. We played best side in cc games though.

Cas is doing nothing wrong. They are doing what we have done in the past. Good luck to them.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Correct.
We've been poor all season and now's not the time to grow a chip on the shoulder!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wes

Post by Wes »

We can easily beat Wakefield 91-0 with that squad and make the 4????
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Last Sunday said it all for me. No effort at all for 60 minutes. I would tell all of these so called world class players to take an early holiday and play the Under 19's against Wakey. If those so called class players don't like it, tell them to p**s off.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

captinjack wrote:Last Sunday said it all for me. No effort at all for 60 minutes. I would tell all of these so called world class players to take an early holiday and play the Under 19's against Wakey. If those so called class players don't like it, tell them to p**s off.
There is merit to what you say so much for the ‘big guns’we keep hearing about last Sunday was an utter disgrace
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Southern Softy wrote:If I were Shaun Wane, I'd procure 19 sick certificates tomorrow and play the Academy team. What is going on at Castleford would attract the anti-corruption authorities if this were any other sport. Obviously the bad blood between Powell and Wane may be behind this but this is a travesty.
Hang on a minute I would expect us to rest players under the same circumstances. Cas have done nothing wrong. THE PLAIN FACTS ARE WE HAVE BEEN DIRE THIS SEASON AND FINISHED HIGHER THAN WE DESERVE. For gods sake stop blaming other teams for our shortfalls.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Don't be soft! Do you know how many times Shaun Edwards played the week before Wembley?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

We don't deserve to be in the Top 4 and we deserved all we got from this season, which was nothing. Had we played Castleford again with a full team, we would likely have lost. That should dispose of 'the chip on the shoulder' comments. There's something more important at stake.
It's what happened out there on that pitch that was an embarrassment to the game of Rugby League. When Castleford stirred themselves at the start of the second half they took Hull apart and then they simply stopped playing.
I watch Rugby League because it is always a great contest between teams. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. What occurred tonight was not a contest and why would anyone bother to come back and pay to see a farce like that.