Bateman Surgery?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorwilliams

Bateman Surgery?

Post by warriorwilliams »

I have just seen on his Instagram that John Bateman has undergone surgery, does anybody know why? What for? How long his recovery will take?
Shaun1967

Re: Bateman Surgery?

Post by Shaun1967 »

He damaged a tendon in his hand playing in the world cup.
He will be back for beginning of season.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

He injured his hand early into the World Cup, I presume that's what needs fixing.
warriorwilliams

Post by warriorwilliams »

Cheers! Wasn't aware the injury needed surgery
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Not uncommon for players to have the odd bit of surgery in the off season to fix niggles theyve had, i would assume we'd of heard if it was anything major
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Not uncommon for players to have the odd bit of surgery in the off season to fix niggles theyve had, i would assume we'd of heard if it was anything major

Well that would have been one first then.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Not uncommon for players to have the odd bit of surgery in the off season to fix niggles theyve had, i would assume we'd of heard if it was anything major
Given Wigan’s run of injuries who knows how long he will be out
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:
He'll be back before the season starts.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
He'll be back before the season starts.
We will see :lol:
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Fawdoffshed wrote:He doesn't require surgery for bravery and guts, that's for sure. One of the hardest players I have ever seen.
quite a few of lads I play with have played against him and he always played 2yr above his age in juniors! And was apparently always up for getting stuck into all comers :lol: