Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Post by old hooker »

Caboosegg wrote:well alot of you didnt want gelling, now we have Sarge.

hopefully hes Cheap
Of course he will be cheap, im sick of saying its all about the cheap options for IL but some on here still think the sun shines out of him.He will not spend serious money its as simple as that.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

hopefully hes Cheap
If it was a choice between Gelling or Sarginson I would rather have Bateman.

You obviously have some "soft spot" for Gelling for some reason and if you think fans should be "happy" about the either/or scenario you claim we had as if either filled themselves with glory, you are deluded - just read the messages on here.

I think I would rather we resigned Hock - he at least he USED to be decent. Not inconsistent/unproven/non-specialized/injury prone/mistake ridden/squad filler and that would have allowed Bateman to play centre until the shambles of the balance of the squad is sorted
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No doubt the members of the board will be slapping their backs over this genius signing
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

old hooker wrote:

hopefully hes Cheap
Of course he will be cheap, im sick of saying its all about the cheap options for IL but some on here still think the sun shines out of him.He will not spend serious money its as simple as that.
But we are supposed to be at the cap limit. So if we are and given Sam T and Williams are marquee players (so only a portion of their wages count on the cap) we are chucking a lot of money at too many average or old players.

That is something to have a pop at IL at, not that he isn't spending. The money is being spent badly.

Sarginson is another example. He's not playing for free is he!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sad to say but it is at this point I am seriously considering cancelling my Direct Debit and letting the club have what money it stole from me in anticipation of changes in the way of improvement.

Just cut my losses and wait for the club to act and be forced to change rather than assume and continue to treat it's fans like mugs
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

Simply.......very disappointing
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I suppose Sarge is more flexible position wise than Gells but don't forget that Gells was easily our largest backline player. One of the smallest teams in the league has just got smaller.
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

Ive felt quite sad since this news came out...is this a statement of intention for our clubs future??? The pessimist in me wonders if the news was deliberately released after the ST renewal dates as I for one would reconsider buying a ST again...i feel gutted as this may be last year as a ST holder. Sarge is just the tip of the iceberg the way the club are doing things are what's frustrating me
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
jao 711 wrote:
DaveO wrote:. He’s a fullback .
he can play anywhere across the back line arguably much better than sarge can
. You say Gelling isn’t a centre,Sarge isn’t a centre,and you want to sign a fullback to play centre.Then you can complain about Wane playing him out of position.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

Well all the posters on here who have called Gelling and wished for something better. their hopes have sunk lower now. Before long it will be can we sign Gelling back. Be careful what you wish for!