Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Warriors Sign Sarginson WIGAN RE-SIGN ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL DAN SARGINSON

Post by josie andrews »

Has our great club lost its vision??

Are we becoming a club that will let players leave on a whim only to find the grass isn’t always greener?

If you are not happy here at the greatest club, & you want to leave, go but don’t come back when it doesn’t work out with your tail between your legs & especially after being hit by injury ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I agree Josie but it's the tunnel vision of the Club that's a greater concern.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Its a shocking decision. If I left the place I work for a better offer, I'm not sure they would have me back if it didn't work out. Especially if was on the sick most of the time.

I would sooner them promote Liam Forsyth.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Shocking absolutely shocking

i would say personally ive never felt less connected with the club or less enthused by an upcoming season.

Im genuinely considering taking a season away from rugby altogether Wigan are not the club they once were and rugby isnt the game it once was, this might be the straw that breaks the Camels back for me, says a lot when the only other team considering sarge was hull kr
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don’t normally comment on the goings on at the club, I always think there must be a good reason for the decisions being made. But as others have said it’s like the old boys club!

We will be re-signing players like Andy Farrell & Terry O’Connor at this rate!!

I’m not very happy at the moment!

When we signed FPN I thought, ‘oh we are trying to sign some good Aussies’ I think I must have been a bit over excited with myself, because since I think it was it just to get one over on Saints who were also looking for his signature at the time?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote:I don’t normally comment on the goings on at the club, I always think there must be a good reason for the decisions being made. But as others have said it’s like the old boys club!

We will be re-signing players like Andy Farrell & Terry O’Connor at this rate!!

I’m not very happy at the moment!

When we signed FPN I thought, ‘oh we are trying to sign some good Aussies’ I think I must have been a bit over excited with myself, because since I think it was it just to get one over on Saints who were also looking for his signature at the time?
Its got to be damaging the club too, i mean no one could ever question yourself Josie in the amount of time/energy/money you put into the club, you're as big a fan as they come. If people like you are starting to get fed up with the clubs direction etc think of the effect it has on the the "regular" to "casual" fan.

I can honestly say that in all my years watching Wigan ive never felt so undervalued and dare i say patronised by the club
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

What a joke. I am not going to have a pop at Wane about this. While he may have been consulted its Lenagan and Radlinski who hold the purse strings and do the scouting.

This signing should never have been considered by those "running" the club. If Wane wanted him they should have simply said no.

Everybody knows I want a new coach. I also now want rid of Radlinski. Great player but plainly useless at his current job.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cherry.pie wrote: I'd just like us to make one signing that makes me think 'wow, this guy could really add something to this side', as opposed to 'oh he seems promising, perhaps' or 'oh, look who's back'.
So would I. I bet the Les Cats fans are a darn sight more excited about this signing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/42323094

We have not signed him and gone for Sarginson because.....?

I bet we didn't even know he was available.