McIlorum and Gelling released

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

McIlorum and Gelling released

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Confirmed on Wigan website been released along with gells

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... part-wigan
DaveO

Re: McIlorum and gells gone

Post by DaveO »

We have a fool of a chairman.

The statement from the clubs says this:
“Following his performance at the Rugby League World Cup several clubs expressed interest in Michael and we agreed that at this stage of his career it was right to allow him to explore his options. Several teams have put forward very favourable offers to Michael and we felt it right not to stand in his way.

“With Sam Powell and Thomas Leuluai both fine Hookers and the encouraging performances of Josh Ganson last season we believe the time has come for Michael to move on and for Wigan to look to the future."
For a start Powell is NOT a fine hooker. He has been played out of position there and offers NO threat. Josh Ganson did nothing to suggest he is first team material and TL, much as I like him as a player, he is the one nearing the end of his career not MM.

Lenegan acknowledged MM put in a fine performance in the WC that you would have thought would have everyone at the club feeling pretty pleased at the prospect of a fully fit MM taking to the field for us in 2018. But what does he do? No sooner does MM look back to his best he gets rid.

If we can't afford to keep hold of or simply do not value players of MM's calbre and experience there is something seriously wrong with the way the clubs run.

adiddy

Re: McIlorum and gells gone

Post by adiddy »

DaveO wrote:We have a fool of a chairman.

The statement from the clubs says this:
“Following his performance at the Rugby League World Cup several clubs expressed interest in Michael and we agreed that at this stage of his career it was right to allow him to explore his options. Several teams have put forward very favourable offers to Michael and we felt it right not to stand in his way.

“With Sam Powell and Thomas Leuluai both fine Hookers and the encouraging performances of Josh Ganson last season we believe the time has come for Michael to move on and for Wigan to look to the future."
For a start Powell is NOT a fine hooker. He has been played out of position there and offers NO threat. Josh Ganson did nothing to suggest he is first team material and TL, much as I like him as a player, he is the one nearing the end of his career not MM.

Lenegan acknowledged MM put in a fine performance in the WC that you would have thought would have everyone at the club feeling pretty pleased at the prospect of a fully fit MM taking to the field for us in 2018. But what does he do? No sooner does MM look back to his best he gets rid.

If we can't afford to keep hold of or simply do not value players of MM's calbre and experience there is something seriously wrong with the way the clubs run.

Completely agree Davo. Powell should have been shown the door not MM maybe Tommy as well?!

This such old news it's disgraceful it has taken them this long to announce it!!! Should have been done before Xmas so the squad numbers could have been released !!!

Matt
Barney841

Re: McIlorum and Gelling released

Post by Barney841 »

If they bring in a good couple of signings, I’ll be happy. But the way they keep signing former players and can’t get rid of FPN, can’t see it.
Not looking forward to the new season at all
lancaster4499

Post by lancaster4499 »

what it doesn't say especially for mickey is that we haven't even been given a transfer fee for him

this club is becoming more and more of a joke

I am glad I have not renewed my season ticket.

I think I will put a sly £5.00 bet that Wigan will end up in the middle 8s this season
"To be the man you have to beat the man"

jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Here we go.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

The mismanagement of the Club goes from bad to worse.
Has anyone got Dr Koukashs' phone number??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
lancaster4499

Post by lancaster4499 »

id go with that ian
"To be the man you have to beat the man"

Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Not to worry, they'll both be back in a few years once they're past it.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Personally I have no problem with either of these 2 players leaving.MM is a tough tackling hooker and little else, Gelling far too inconsistent.However I have no confidence in IL spending on top class players being brought into the squad.