Season ticket sales for 2018 season - Up or Down??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Season ticket sales for 2018 season - Up or Down??

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:Either we will be more entertaining from the outset, or we will have a new coach by Easter.
This is EXACTLY how is see it

No excuses, no one else to blame, no third part interference, too many injuries, not given a chance to change things. Everything you could see Wane claim. Fail or flop again and he will be dropped faster than whale sh*t
I am actually starting to feel sorry for Wane. His 2018 squad is actually WORSE than 2017's. Only one centre and lost his best hooker.

Even so he will be quite mad not to make the change everyone thinks he will with Sam T at 6.
In fairness the squad he had last season was much weaker,in my opinion at least,than the one that had just won the GF,so the further weakening is par for the course.

In a previous post of mine I suggested Wane is in a unenviable position he simply can’t win really,I hope he has the sense if things do go wrong to walk rather than be sacked..the writing is on the wall that’s for sure.

As for Ganson,yes he is a wonderful prospect but as ever needs to be fed into the team carefully,this obsession from some fans to throw these kids into the fray doesn’t do them any good,it’s men agasint boys give them time to develop,after all we all saw last season that these lads are incredibly willing but most where found wanting.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I wouldn't go by any season ticket numbers until the season started, I got my season ticket the first week but not received it yet plus my online account still has me listed as not being a member.
As usual it's amateurish
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

Josies friend just a word of advice...i too registered for my ST early doors. Last week a card from royal mail was posted tò me saying an unpaid letter is at the sorting office waiting for me and £2 to collect it. At first i thought it was a stingy relative so was going to leave it BUT......I couldn't resist...when i got the letter it turned out to be my ST with no stamp no return address in fact without opening it noone would've known who it was from. Obviously it was an oversight but keep in touch with the ticket office. C'MON THE WARRIORS
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Josie's friend wrote:I wouldn't go by any season ticket numbers until the season started, I got my season ticket the first week but not received it yet plus my online account still has me listed as not being a member.
As usual it's amateurish
Same here not showing on my on line account and not received. Rang ticket office who thought it didn't show anyway!Also said new machine for making the ST had broken that why there was a delay.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:I wouldn't go by any season ticket numbers until the season started, I got my season ticket the first week but not received it yet plus my online account still has me listed as not being a member.
As usual it's amateurish
Same here not showing on my on line account and not received. Rang ticket office who thought it didn't show anyway!Also said new machine for making the ST had broken that why there was a delay.
Again! Didn’t it break last year?? ????

I’m showing as a 2018 Season Ticket Holder on the site & I bought it the first day they went on sale.

Some friends I know have received theirs, some before Christmas!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

[quote="wall_of_voodoo]

Changes only appear to occur when his hand is forced[/quote]

I thought he'd realised his hand had been forced by the way 2017 ended and how the team played for most of it, injuries or not.

We will have to wait and see how the team lines up to see if there are any changes other than those forced on him with Gelling and MM gone.

At the moment that boils down to what positions Escare and Sam T play. Which one is 6 and which one is 1. Whatever that turns out to be that is what we are relying on to transform the team from dull, boring and not good enough into real contenders with flair.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:[quote="wall_of_voodoo]

Changes only appear to occur when his hand is forced
I thought he'd realised his hand had been forced by the way 2017 ended and how the team played for most of it, injuries or not.

We will have to wait and see how the team lines up to see if there are any changes other than those forced on him with Gelling and MM gone.

At the moment that boils down to what positions Escare and Sam T play. Which one is 6 and which one is 1. Whatever that turns out to be that is what we are relying on to transform the team from dull, boring and not good enough into real contenders with flair.[/quote]

Escare will play full back with Sam T at 6 and George at 7.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

last count i am informed that we had not sold 6000
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Less than 6000, if true, is awful.
Things really have to change and improve if that 6k figure is anywhere near accurate.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The club have never been shy at shouting how many season tickets they’ve sold,yes this year to my knowledge there hasn’t been a peep on numbers sold,so who knows..