Season ticket sales for 2018 season - Up or Down??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley the God!

Season ticket sales for 2018 season - Up or Down??

Post by Hanley the God! »

usually by this point in pre-season the club are bleating on about steady if not record season ticket sales for the coming season. So far I've heard nothing ..... Does anybody know if they are up/down or what?? If I was a betting man following the dull, boring and relatively unsuccessful season and being led into next season by a clueless coach, not to mention the shambles that is player retention/recruitment,that they are well down and may even be a recent history record low! I must admit I'm not exactly enthused by our prospects. I fear that watching paint dry may be more exciting :conf: :(
DaveO

Re: Season ticket sales for 2018 season - Up or Down??

Post by DaveO »

Hanley the God! wrote:usually by this point in pre-season the club are bleating on about steady if not record season ticket sales for the coming season. So far I've heard nothing ..... Does anybody know if they are up/down or what?? If I was a betting man following the dull, boring and relatively unsuccessful season and being led into next season by a clueless coach, not to mention the shambles that is player retention/recruitment,that they are well down and may even be a recent history record low! I must admit I'm not exactly enthused by our prospects. I fear that watching paint dry may be more exciting :conf: :(
Well I still bought mine despite never being less enthusiastic about the state of the club in recent seasons. So if there isn't a big drop it will be down to mugs like me not being able to let go!

The club did well to hold back on the Gelling/Sarge fiasco and the latest Micky Mac debacle until after the deadline or that would probably have pushed me over the edge. I am sure they did it deliberately.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I renewed ours, but for us there isn't an element of choice. We have had season tickets since the 20s, and there have been a lot leaner periods than this to sit through. For what it's worth, I think we have a squad which could be very entertaining indeed with a decent coach. Either we will be more entertaining from the outset, or we will have a new coach by Easter.

I think Saints' new coach and presumably more attractive style of play will see Wane's demise, and that it will happen early enough in the year to see plenty of decent rugby.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Exiled Wiganer

Are you santa. Because that's just what I wrote in my letter to him :D :D :D .Your post put a smile on my face that's what I keep telling my son when I renew our tickets. Think we are both ever the optomists :) [/u]
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I renewed ours, but for us there isn't an element of choice. We have had season tickets since the 20s, and there have been a lot leaner periods than this to sit through.
Now that is what I call a long time, a really long time. ????????????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Renewed ours mainly down to the wife's insistence more than me, you don't argue with the boss do you?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Up on this time last year.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Either we will be more entertaining from the outset, or we will have a new coach by Easter.
This is EXACTLY how is see it

No excuses, no one else to blame, no third part interference, too many injuries, not given a chance to change things. Everything you could see Wane claim. Fail or flop again and he will be dropped faster than whale sh*t
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:Either we will be more entertaining from the outset, or we will have a new coach by Easter.

No excuses, no one else to blame, no third part interference, too many injuries, not given a chance to change things. Everything you could see Wane claim. Fail or flop again and he will be dropped faster than whale sh*t
I am actually starting to feel sorry for Wane. His 2018 squad is actually WORSE than 2017's. Only one centre and lost his best hooker.

Even so he will be quite mad not to make the change everyone thinks he will with Sam T at 6.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:

I am actually starting to feel sorry for Wane. His 2018 squad is actually WORSE than 2017's. Only one centre and lost his best hooker.

Even so he will be quite mad not to make the change everyone thinks he will with Sam T at 6.
I understand where you come from but would point out that it was Wane himself that either couldn't or wouldn't play MM for longer and instead opt for subbing him by the clock. Perhaps there was some conflict between the two as to the way he felt MM could play and length of game time he got to do it in?

Losing Wane's first signing, for one he always found a place in the side for, no matter how many mistakes and poorly he played doesn't smack of a coach somehow worried about Sarginson being in the side as much as the fans do

As for Sam playing at 6 and other proposed team selections. We know for a fact how obstinate Wane is when it comes to making team changes, when blatant things are not working on the field, how often does he make the correct change?

Changes only appear to occur when his hand is forced
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: