Waney is on the prowl!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Waney is on the prowl!

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:Whats betting cas play the same style this year and its not effective?also whats the betting they win nowt again as well?
Who knows I suspect a lot of their more expansive play was down to Hardaker without him who knows how they’ll go
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Whats betting cas play the same style this year and its not effective?also whats the betting they win nowt again as well?
Who knows I suspect a lot of their more expansive play was down to Hardaker without him who knows how they’ll go
yes he did well last year and totally suited there style...... im not sure roberts will be as effective defensively
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:In the state the game is in it is difficult to sell it to neutrals, and to do so we need to improve many aspects of RL.
And, as I have asked above, what would you do?
I am not going to go into a long list of changes that need to be made in the game, but I will say that we need people at Red Hall that understand the game and not people like Barwick.That would be a starting point and I think most people would agree with that.
jobo

Post by jobo »

old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:In the state the game is in it is difficult to sell it to neutrals, and to do so we need to improve many aspects of RL.
And, as I have asked above, what would you do?
I am not going to go into a long list of changes that need to be made in the game, but I will say that we need people at Red Hall that understand the game and not people like Barwick.That would be a starting point and I think most people would agree with that.
As long as most people agree? Good cop out.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I just think if we have forwards who have to put a full game in then the emphasis will change from size and allow more room for different size and style especially in the backs rather than power being the most important thing.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

jobo wrote:
old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: And, as I have asked above, what would you do?
I agree about it being difficult to sell our game to neutrals my fix is simple make the league simpler

We aren’t going to rid the sport of the grand final nor do I think we should I like it as a showpiece however the supers 8s etc is too complex.

Football is the most successful sport and it remains very simple they hardly ever change rules majorly and it’s a very simple format the team who has most points at the end of the season is the best

Rugby league is too forgiving you can finish 8th technically in the “regular season” and still have a shot at being champion, that’s a hard sell to neutrals
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Take it back to pre SL rules, it worked, bring back reserves, GF played between first and second, video ref limited to one minute, corner flags back in play, no 40/20 and limit subs to 4 per game, bring back regular GB tours and only use England for the world cup, also, prevent Gary Hetherington from having any influence on the sport
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke wrote:Take it back to pre SL rules, it worked, bring back reserves, GF played between first and second, video ref limited to one minute, corner flags back in play, no 40/20 and limit subs to 4 per game, bring back regular GB tours and only use England for the world cup, also, prevent Gary Hetherington from having any influence on the sport
Also bring back the biff, the games gone too soft
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jobo wrote:
old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: And, as I have asked above, what would you do?
Why do you disagree?,do you think The RFL are fit for purpose?
jao711

Post by jao711 »

old hooker wrote:
jao 711 wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: do you ever post your thoughts on threads? or just snipe at the mood of other posters?
. Yes frequently as you have clearly noticed,and these are my thoughts .I am tired of reading the same grousing from the same people about almost everything the club does.You’ve made your point now give us a rest.It’s getting very boring,there must be something more positive to talk about.The season is almost hear so why don’t you just get yourself down to the DW and try to enjoy what is still the greatest game. Life’s too short for that stuff.
Unortunately it is not now the greatest game,the effort and the toughness are still there but the skill is not.The game is going backwards backwards like it or not.But of course i am another gloom and doom merchant. :D
Well you said it.