Waney is on the prowl!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Waney is on the prowl!

Post by Mike »

Firestarter wrote:Meds is right....... the corner flag rule is s joke..... for example the wingers( mostly) jump in the air at the corner flag, not only for spectacular tries, but because you cant touch a pkayer in mid air...... when you look at it like that its pretty pointless really........its like i wanna tackle the flashy git but,if i do ill probably get penalized or cause a serious injury too him.........just changing the subject a little i cant believe nobodys mentioned the voluntary tackle.... by far the biggest joke in RL..... falling out ov the in goal area makes a mockery out ov the old rules..... paul wellens was a master ov this king ov cheating(and in my opinion is exactly what this is).....
You can tackle a diving winger.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Meds is right....... the corner flag rule is s joke..... for example the wingers( mostly) jump in the air at the corner flag, not only for spectacular tries, but because you cant touch a pkayer in mid air...... when you look at it like that its pretty pointless really........its like i wanna tackle the flashy git but,if i do ill probably get penalized or cause a serious injury too him.........just changing the subject a little i cant believe nobodys mentioned the voluntary tackle.... by far the biggest joke in RL..... falling out ov the in goal area makes a mockery out ov the old rules..... paul wellens was a master ov this king ov cheating(and in my opinion is exactly what this is).....
You can tackle a diving winger.
not exactly mike..... its a funny one coz ive seen players penalized for tackling them when there in mid flight...... the best way too smash them into touch is a shoulder charge( which is also banned)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Trying to sell it to neutrals and trying to expand like Ru have done can't be that difficult but do we deserve it? Get this cocaine problem out of the league first and then we may have a starting point. I see 3 more (respected) players have been sacked for it recently and we all know it goes on. I have SEEN players doing it who haven't been caught although i won't name names. It's time we got this crap out of the game for good. Lifetime bans
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I cant recall a player getting penalised while trying to tackle a player who is going for the corner in a spectacular way, since the rule change or before it as long as its a legal tackle nothing wrong with it. If your looking at shoulder charges, sliding in feet first or a player whos tackled coming down off a kick then yes.
I think its been one of the better rule changes. I dont like the tap the ball from a 40/20. I would love to see some amendment as to breaking from scrums to allow for atacking play while second rows props hooker are tied up for one play. I think the sub rules need looking at maybe 4 straight subs. If we are having a screen it should be at all games or not at all. I would also bring in a one minute rule on vt, if you cant decide in a minute that the refs call is right or wrong it just goes to refs call. If you have a report system and vt and you have an incident like the Ferres on Gildart (should have been red so maybe not best example) at the very least if its fit to go on report after a quick look the player on report should not be allowed to play in remainder of game but he can be replaced. At least then the team the offense involved get some slight advantage.
The biff would result in yellows unless it was crazy.... you take somthing away from RL by making it a red and a ban for striking.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I like the 40/20 rule. It rewards skill and makes the defence think.

Personally I would make touchgoal flags OUT. Anything to help remove the ever present (and dull as ditchwater) cross field kicks. Whereas once they were "one offs" now they are the expected tackle 5 play. Boring.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:In all other parts of the field your entire body can be outside of the line, as long as you don't touch the ground you are still in play. The new corner flag rule makes that consistent. Touch the ground outside the lines you're out, don't touch the ground you're still in .

Touch the flag you're out, don't touch the flag you're still in....
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The kicks after five drives are so boring, it’s like aces in tennis!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

What's so special about the flag that it gets it's own rule?

That would be considerd crazy if the RFL introduced it now- and impossible to explain to a newcomer.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote:
Mike wrote:In all other parts of the field your entire body can be outside of the line, as long as you don't touch the ground you are still in play. The new corner flag rule makes that consistent. Touch the ground outside the lines you're out, don't touch the ground you're still in .

Yes thats the old rule. It wasn't consistent with the rules on the rest of the pitch.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
DaveO wrote:

What will happen in strong winds, if the flag is disturbed and the perpendicular is in the field of play?

Corner flags can be bent within the field of play as well as without it.
What happened for the numerous decades it was in play, it's not like it's some new fangled idea, it was only got rid off so we could copy those precious Aussies