Waney is on the prowl!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Waney is on the prowl!

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
acwrlfc

Re: Waney is on the prowl!

Post by acwrlfc »

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/ru ... l-1074774
Another link with more detail in it and what can you say, same old, same old. not Wigan standard, the annual kicking comp is in full swing.

Somethings never change, we ve got a lot yo look forward to.

One of the few bright things last year was escare but no mention of him in the spine. Puzzling.

All coaches have favourites but ours takes it to the extreme. He needs to remember is the boss and cant be best mates with them all
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Talk is cheap as he says. Let's see if he can deliver?
I'm not hopeful.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

I wish the powers that be at Wigan would stop banging on about how we finished last season as if it was just a few bad games that were unacceptable. After a good start, most of the rest of the season, with a few notable exceptions, was poor and boring. Not just Castleford & Wakefield - they were the straws that broke the camel's back. We always, apparently, train well - but unfortunately we don't get any league points for training well. Hungry, angry, on the prowl - it's all just the same bluster again. It's a bit of guile, craft, tactical changes and, yes, a sprinkling of stardust that I'd like to hear about. Same old, same old .........! Talk about frustration!
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

How refreshing to hear Chelsea manager on SSN saying hes not concerned about players being upset with being subbed etc. He is there to a job not be their mates. Waney take note
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

acwrlfc wrote:How refreshing to hear Chelsea manager on SSN saying hes not concerned about players being upset with being subbed etc. He is there to a job not be their mates. Waney take note
One of the things Madge got rid of when he started at Wigan was the old boys culture noble had created. Noble was known for giving players he liked and easy ride

i fear we are right back there
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

"Judge me at the end of the season"

I did.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

acwrlfc wrote:http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/ru ... l-1074774
Another link with more detail in it and what can you say, same old, same old. not Wigan standard, the annual kicking comp is in full swing.

Somethings never change, we ve got a lot yo look forward to.

One of the few bright things last year was escare but no mention of him in the spine. Puzzling.

All coaches have favourites but ours takes it to the extreme. He needs to remember is the boss and cant be best mates with them all
Your link doesn’t work!

Try this one http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/ru ... al-1074774
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I was a massive wane fan up until last season and have a lot of concerns about this year but I think Shaun has got enough credit in the bank to be given a chance this year in the same way McDermott did at Leeds and let’s be honest our bad season last year was nowhere near as bad as Leeds 2016.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wintergreen wrote:"Judge me at the end of the season"

I did.
Which one?