Wigan Vs Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: A win, a reasonable performance!

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:And silence on the board. :lol:
Well Mike you may have missed them but there were plenty of comments post-game in the Wigan v Leigh thread. As some of sarcastic buggers who followed up your post agreeing with you know.

I guess no one felt the need to start another one.

I'll do everyone a favour and merge them so all post game comments are in one place.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: In fairness its the first time i cant remember us playing anything like the team that would play SL games in the friendlies.
Playing a strong team in the friendlies is a step in the right direction. Of course in previous seasons complaints about NOT doing that were met with the usual excuses of "why risk injury?" from the club can do no wrong lot!
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

widdenoldboy wrote:And if we lost?
:blush:
. Oh my goodness,season over.
jao 711

Re: Wigan Vs Leigh

Post by jao 711 »

Josie's friend wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:Imo Hamlin was the only forward that stood out, a couple of decent runs by Tautai & FPN but nothing special. Flower his usual which isn't a positive.
Defence-wise nothing has changed.

Hopefully they are saving themselves for Australia
Is there something personal with Flower JF?

Nothing personal he's just shit

Tell him to his face.but let me know first I’d like to be there.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

jao 711 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Is there something personal with Flower JF?[/quote but let me know first

Nothing personal he's just shit
. Tell him to his face.but let me know first I’d like to be there.
He knows my opinion of him and because he's not some dumb idiot he's fine with it, he knows you can't please everybody. It's called an opinion something quite a few people on here cannot understand.
Don't know what you were expecting with that sort of statement but it's been answered
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

DaveO wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: In fairness its the first time i cant remember us playing anything like the team that would play SL games in the friendlies.
Playing a strong team in the friendlies is a step in the right direction. Of course in previous seasons complaints about NOT doing that were met with the usual excuses of "why risk injury?" from the club can do no wrong lot!
I've just looked at the squads we selected v Leigh last year and Salford the one before. Both times we started with very strong squads and then played the younger players late on.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think some friendlies are far more important than others. Things I wanted to see:

- escare at 1, George at 6 and Sam at 7: TICK

- Sam having knuckled down sufficiently to get some spark back. If he gets his agility and speed back, then he will the best player in the comp: (fingers crossed) TICK

- next gen players ready to step up: TICK (Woods especially is good to go)

- the props as a group looking fit and ready to do the hard work: TICK (thanks Hamlin)
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

If there was a Great Britain team reforming now I think Ben Flower would definitely be in the squad if not even the playing 17.
markill

Post by markill »

Panchitta Marra wrote:If there was a Great Britain team reforming now I think Ben Flower would definitely be in the squad if not even the playing 17.
I've nothing against Flower, I think he does a good job in what he's asked to do and we badly missed him last year when he got hurt. BUT, there's not much chance he makes a GB squad in my opinion.
Walmsley, Graham, Hill, Taylor, Watts, T Burgess, G Burgess, S Burgess all ahead of him without me even having to think about it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Think there is more chance of Joel getting in than Flower.

By the way, how did Joel play on Sunday.

My reckoning is he must be behind Isa and now Hamlin off what I've heard of him.