Pivot Interchanges

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: Pivot Interchanges

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:You will see Lomax and Barba chopping and changing during games between 1 and 6 as they see fit. They will be given the freedom to alternate at will.
That is not the same as the coach forcing the pivots to change by a substitution bang on 20 minutes.....
I gave an example of a FB moving to HB which I believe was the question.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

DaveO wrote:
That is not the same as the coach forcing the pivots to change by a substitution bang on 20 minutes.....
Nail......Head

This is my concern, it will then only take a few games for all the other coaches to realise and come up with a counter ploy. I hope Waney doesn't substitute to a regular pattern, but is able to make changes as the game dictates.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

As a tactic in the right circumstances then it should work, but he does like a change on the 20 min mark doesn't he?
pedro

Post by pedro »

southernpie wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Nail......Head

This is my concern, it will then only take a few games for all the other coaches to realise and come up with a counter ploy. I hope Waney doesn't substitute to a regular pattern, but is able to make changes as the game dictates.
thats one thing he always does
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

fozzieskem wrote:As a tactic in the right circumstances then it should work, but he does like a change on the 20 min mark doesn't he?
And what coach doesn't? Maybe, just maybe there's a bit of sports science involved!! I'll start a new thread and we can track substitutions by different coaches and tat what time in the games. Could be interesting.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

No straw damn us wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:As a tactic in the right circumstances then it should work, but he does like a change on the 20 min mark doesn't he?
And what coach doesn't? Maybe, just maybe there's a bit of sports science involved!! I'll start a new thread and we can track substitutions by different coaches and tat what time in the games. Could be interesting.
Just said the same on another thread NSDU, maybe it is down to sports science and condition maintenance of players.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

No straw damn us wrote:
I would be interested to see the results of that, to me it is something many coaches do, I think Mick Potter? with the fearsome foursome at Bradford was amongst the first to do it regularly, but from a sports science point of view, surely each player is an individual and they are tracked these days by all sorts of GPS systems etc so different players should be "rested" best at different times.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
markill

Post by markill »

southernpie wrote: I would be interested to see the results of that, to me it is something many coaches do, I think Mick Potter? with the fearsome foursome at Bradford was amongst the first to do it regularly, but from a sports science point of view, surely each player is an individual and they are tracked these days by all sorts of GPS systems etc so different players should be "rested" best at different times.
Matthew Elliott maybe?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:
southernpie wrote: I would be interested to see the results of that, to me it is something many coaches do, I think Mick Potter? with the fearsome foursome at Bradford was amongst the first to do it regularly, but from a sports science point of view, surely each player is an individual and they are tracked these days by all sorts of GPS systems etc so different players should be "rested" best at different times.
Matthew Elliott maybe?
I thought that also! :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:
Unless you know what was going on in the all the games at the time as in which team was on top, has someone just taken a heavy knock etc it's not going to tell you much. The accusation levied against Wane is he subs by the clock regardless of what is going on or who is tired.