Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Tonights game

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: I doubt any Wigan fan would know or remember Marcus St Hilaire yet they agree 100% with what a nob of a commentator said!!!!!!!
I remember him :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote: I doubt any Wigan fan would know or remember Marcus St Hilaire yet they agree 100% with what a nob of a commentator said!!!!!!!
Me too.

It wasn't that long ago was it?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
yeah remember him too, I remember him appearing on an episode of some early reality tv show / documentary, can't remember what it was about but in one scene he was in a club with Leroy Rivett and some dolly birds come up thinking they are footballers due to the camera crew, once they asked their names and find out they are just low paid rugby league players they walk away and ignore them, the boys looked proper done in :lol:
ian b

Post by ian b »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:Can someone please explain Sam Powells role?
Being best mates with Wane.
I’m sick of hearing this! It’s Rubbish!

According to most people on here, they’re all “best mates” with Wane!
it is rubbish
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

morley pie eater wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
I posted about this before season started. But was blasted as it would not make a difference. Well with every game my theory is being proved right. It is utterly b*llocks to change your pivotal positions during a game for no apparent reason.
So if the reason is not apparent (to you, presumably?) then it's wrong? Does the fact that a double-winning coach has chosen to do this not make you think that maybe there is a reason and you've not worked it out yet?

Barrie McDermott on commentary seemed to like the idea and said it worked in his day at Leeds with Marcus St Hilaire coming on at 1 and Iestyn Harris moving into the halves.

Could it be that having a solid defender at 7 for the first 30 minutes and keeping Sam fresh is something to do with it? I don't know the answers for sure, but my guess is that any b******s being talked is of the "Powell is Wane's love-child" variety.

For the record I don't think your a troll. Even if you was still entitled to post on here and have an opinion. Your not on your own for not knowing the reason but your theory is flawed solid defender Why is Sam not if not why is he starting at full back. second keeping Sam fresh. Why does he just stand about at full back for first 30 mins. In games especially against wire they throw the kitchen sink at us so he is hardly going to be sat on his thumbs in fact would say he would both work harder at full back. I don't believe Powel is wanes love child. But and its a big but WHY start with Powel in half's when he is for all to see not a natural stand off where Sam is. Escare a natural full back sat on bench taking up a unneeded subs spot. My Thoughts are that SW does not want to leave Powel out so why not start him as hooker if he is as good as people thinks he is then rotate with a hooker on bench if needed. But instead after 30 mins we are switching fullback stand off and hooker all in one move (all 3 pivotal positions)please don't try to tell me this does not upset balance of both players mind sets and. balance of team. My final point is if SW does not yet know the best positions of Sam and Powel he should not be doing the job.
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Watched the game on TV. Poor Mr Wane looked as though he was chewing on a wasp for most of the game. Well, we have all been doing that for years now.
He was surely thinking 'my time is up', but there is no-one out there available better than me to take over so I will just have to carry on and do my best.

Then watched Cas. yesterday. Journeymen players playing like Wigan should be. If I was a Cas, supporter I would not mind them losing occasionally if they performed like that week in and week out.

Is there anyone out there to take over from Wane. Any recommedations?

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

LORENZO wrote:Watched the game on TV. Poor Mr Wane looked as though he was chewing on a wasp for most of the game. Well, we have all been doing that for years now.
He was surely thinking 'my time is up', but there is no-one out there available better than me to take over so I will just have to carry on and do my best.

Then watched Cas. yesterday. Journeymen players playing like Wigan should be. If I was a Cas, supporter I would not mind them losing occasionally if they performed like that week in and week out.

Powell.
Tony Smith is an upgrade on SW

That is without how many NRL assistants waiting for a head coach job

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
LORENZO wrote:Watched the game on TV. Poor Mr Wane looked as though he was chewing on a wasp for most of the game. Well, we have all been doing that for years now.

Powell.

But how many of these NRL assistants would do a Madge once they got a little success and bugger off back down under
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Powell.

But how many of these NRL assistants would do a Madge once they got a little success and bugger off back down under
Most do but Madge in his time here set the systems and the side from 2010 to the 2013 when we lost a few good players. Its not just about this season its about setting the right tone for the future. No Madge we would still be pot less as we were in the few seasons before his arrival.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Not read the whole thread but I thought we did really well to dig in and will go very well this year, if we stay fit and well. We played exactly as a team suffering from jet lag would do - we had none of the line speed we showed in the first 2 games because their bodies were shattered. By next Friday we will be back on track.

It was simply the price we were always going to pay for going round the world. Still in 3rd/4th and everyone well. There is a lot to like.