Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Tonights game

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:It was bloody freezing there tonight! ❄️❄️ Summer rugby ????????

I don’t remember it being this cold when we actually played in Winter
I’ll be honest Josie I found it hard to concentrate tonight with the cold horrid night
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What a fool I was not to wear my boots as I'd intended! :lol:

It's all been said, really; wise words from CW as usual. More ball movement, sure, but Wire comfortably dealt with our running from side to side. I thought Powell was OK in the first couple of games, but he was poor tonight. Surely Navarette and Mamlin have to get a game now? And what everyone says about starting Escaré.

I do think we have plenty of cause for optimism this season, though. We have a decent squad, albeit with a bit of dead wood in our starting 13 at the moment. I wouldn't be getting all doom and gloom yet.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote:
The last football match I went to was in the early 80s when West Ham beat Everton in, presumably, a cup semi-final at Elland Road. The Everton fans stayed at the end to sing "We're proud of you" to their team despite the loss. I was proud of our lads tonight - sure, some mistakes, but it showed guts to hang in and then come back like we did.

I just wish we had more fans like Everton's.

If it’s the game I’m thinking about it was my first ever away game and would have been an FA cup game I’m going to be honest I don’t remember any singing at the end I remember upset at the loss but you stay until the end,I still do that said I remained an Everton season ticket holder for another 12 years and saw many great nights and lots of naff ones too,oh those same fans got Gordon Lee the boot a few months later,actively leafleted to have Howard Kendal sacked,so while on that night it gave you a lump in your throat fans are fans,and fans grumbling never changes
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

mickw wrote:can anyone try and justify how george williams is a marquee player,because for me he wouldn't be in the 17.
The problem is not GW it is our forwards, they couldn't dominate a bunch of school kids! This is one of the worse Wigan packs I have seen. Faz is a shadow of himself, we have little creativity at hooker, we rarely make yards after the first contact, generally our forwards are not big enough. What has happened to T?

Sarge has been rightly bagged this season but Gildart is just as poor.

We need better recruitment and better coaching. After saying that, I fully expect us to finish above the Wire.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I liked Clubbs try, that's exactly how I want our props to perform, it's the benefit of having some size. The other props aren't up for the task, we spend too much time looking for someone to smash through the defence and get us a try with no takers. Twice now Clubb has took responsibity and it's paid off. Ben is not and will never be capable of doing this, which beggars the question of why he got a contract extension (same for Tautai).

Today jet lag effected the performance but once again our props (apart from Clubb) were found wanting. Sutton really need to have second thoughts about the NRL, no chance he'll be a prop and unlikely to ever get a game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

acwrlfc wrote:Can someone please explain Sam Powells role?
Being best mates with Wane.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
Rubbish!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
I’m sick of hearing this! It’s Rubbish!

According to most people on here, they’re all “best mates” with Wane!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wes wrote:Really though we missed hardaker tonight! ????

Don't you mean The Wcreaking Ball? ????????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

A lot like we played in the earlier part of last year before injuries crippled us all together in that we did not start playing until the game was too far gone.
I would have felt happier if our best 20 mins had been the first 20 before jet lag and no training during the week caught up with us but this way round just leaves me confused.
At the end of the day and somewhat undeservedly it was Thalers mistake in not spotting the strip from Tomkins Sen which led directly to Wires second try after Tomkins Jnrs' try saving tackle meant the video judge could not rule it out which was the crucial difference. I was intrigued by Hemmings idea that Sam should have let them score so we could go back to the tackle immediately before the try. I cannot think of any player,here or in Oz who would take that risk even if they had time to think of it and with Hicks performance on the Gildart/Atkins kicks he would probably have given it anyway.
And Escare should always play 80 minutes!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.