They’re All Special

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

They’re All Special

Post by josie andrews »

Ahead of 100th Wigan game, Tautai says any game he plays for Wigan is special

Tautai set to play 100th game for Wigan tomorrow (Sunday)

Wigan host Wakefield at the DW Stadium in Betfred Super League

With Taulima Tautai set to make his 100th appearance for Wigan tomorrow (Sunday) he says every game he plays for the Warriors is a special one.

The prop forward will become only the fifth Australian to play over 100 games for Wigan.

“I didn’t know! I’m really happy about it though.” He said.

“I didn’t think I’d be here for this long to be honest but to play 100 games for a great club like Wigan and to do the thing that I love here is great.”

Pushed for his best moment in a Wigan shirt, there was one standout: “It’s hard to beat the 2016 Grand Final,” he smiled.

“To play in and win a Grand Final is a big achievement and something I’m really proud of. The Wigan-Saints Derby games are hard to look past as well.

“Not many people have won the World Club Challenge so to win that was great too. To be a part of the team that helped Wigan win it for the fourth time is something I look back highly on.

“Every game I play for Wigan is a special one for me.”

Tautai’s 100th game for the Warriors comes against his former club, Wakefield. A coincidence that is quite apt.

“To play my 100th game against Wakefield, the club that gave me my start here in the UK, is quite fitting.” He said.

“For me personally I’ll just treat it as another game and one that we ultimately just want to get two points out of.

“We’re not taking the game lightly, it’s one of the hardest game I think we’ll have this year and it’s no fluke that they’re four from four. They’re a very good side. Their forwards are really big so it’ll be a challenge for us.”

With the game falling on Mother’s Day the Warriors will pay tribute to all women on Sunday.

Taulima’s wife, Anjuli, this week helped lead on a ‘pamper day’ for ladies from a local Women’s Refuge.

“I’m really looking forward to the club paying tribute to some inspirational women.” Tautai added.

“My wife (Anjuli) has been doing some work with the Community Foundation this week as she really wanted to get involved to help out the Women’s Refuge after seeing what we did with the npower blitz.

“As players we’re recognised as strong men but a lot of us are only as strong as the women we have next to us. When we have a bad game it’s our wives and partners who really help us out.”

Wigan host Wakefield Trinity at the DW Stadium on Sunday, 3pm kick-off. Tickets are available starting from £22 for adults, £16 for concessions with juniors from £10. Members are entitled to £2 off adult tickets and £1 off concession and junior tickets.

An all-inclusive family ticket is available for just £58 HERE whilst pro-rata Season Tickets are now available too, click HERE for more details.

How To Buy
In person via DW Stadium ticket office

Online at www.eticketing.co.uk/wiganwarriors

Ticket Hotline 0871 66 33 552 (Calls cost 10 pence per minute from a BT Landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may cost more)

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... WFLH0L1.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan