Now is the Time

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Second Row

Now is the Time

Post by Second Row »

........for our great club to show some backbone and apply strong management.
All those seemingly dithering on their future at the club need to have laid down their offers for the future and be told in no uncertain terms take it or leave it the club is bigger than any of them either as individuals or collectively .If they all choose to go so be it plans can be put in place for their replacement now ,all this rumour on rumour is not doing anyone any good particularly me.
jao711

Re: Now is the Time

Post by jao711 »

Second Row wrote:........for our great club to show some backbone and apply strong management.
All those seemingly dithering on their future at the club need to have laid down their offers for the future and be told in no uncertain terms take it or leave it the club is bigger than any of them either as individuals or collectively .If they all choose to go so be it plans can be put in place for their replacement now ,all this rumour on rumour is not doing anyone any good particularly me.
. You said it RUMOUR.
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Second Row wrote:........for our great club to show some backbone and apply strong management.
Agree. If players are agitating for a move, get em shipped our now on a one way ticket. Take the short term pain now, find replacemens and change the culture around the place that players can leave in their prime (or even before prime) and come back if/when it doesn't work out. Worst strategy ever. We should have dominated this decade and would've done but for that failed strategy. Funny you seldom hear Leeds or Saints players agitating for moves. More respect for their clubs and fan base.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The owner is the problem, he is simply not ruthless enough, yes he saved the club and got us on a good footing but like Brian Noble he has gone as far as he can, the moving of games to suit the latics as well as letting personnel's contracts running out instead of sacking them and letting players come back just proves it, I am grateful for what he has done at the club but maybe it's time he needs to grow a set or sell to somebody who is willing to take us back to the top.

Let the multiple quotations begin
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:
Let the multiple quotations begin
Perhaps if every time someone multiple quoted, they had to put a fiver into the kitty towards the cost of a shiny new scrum-half?
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

For a start there is only one player in the squad who merits marquee status and that is SOL the other two should be stripped of it ,for them to retain it into next season detracts from the real purpose and if that leads to them going so be it.
Status is earned not gifted.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think SOL gets quasi marquee status, as we get salary cap dispensation for him. But you are right - no one deserves to be paid more than curly.
Back on point - Leeds never seem to have our dramas. Maybe it is in part because we are Wigan and so we get more interest from, say, the NRL and union, than less famous clubs.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Well then that’s it.Get rid of any player who wants to negotiate his contract,followed by the coach(goes without saying),then the owner.All of these actions suggested on here this week for the good of the club.Just imagine if IL did what Dr Koukash did and handed the club over to a consortium of fans.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jao711 wrote:Well then that’s it.Get rid of any player who wants to negotiate his contract,followed by the coach(goes without saying),then the owner.All of these actions suggested on here this week for the good of the club.Just imagine if IL did what Dr Koukash did and handed the club over to a consortium of fans.

I'd vote Josie for chairman, with DaveO, cpw and Medlocke as Vice Presidents. (Sorry Josie.)
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

morley pie eater wrote:
I'd vote Josie for chairman, with DaveO, cpw and Medlocke as Vice Presidents. (Sorry Josie.)

I love the way you said that with a straight face...