New deal on the cards for Wigan Warriors prop Romain Navarrete

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: New deal on the cards for Wigan Warriors prop Romain Navarrete

Post by old hooker »

He seems to be improving and has the right attitude, could well become a top front rower.

warriorwilliams

Post by warriorwilliams »

medlocke wrote:
warriorwilliams wrote:Agree re: Navarrete - credit to him.

Just wish the Club, seen as they seem to be doing business recently, would announce some higher profile contract extensions/ renewals (Gildart, Bateman etc)
Maybe they are not being announced because said high profile players are leaving
Perhaps! Wishful thinking on my part I guess
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

warriorwilliams wrote:
medlocke wrote:
warriorwilliams wrote:Agree re: Navarrete - credit to him.

Just wish the Club, seen as they seem to be doing business recently, would announce some higher profile contract extensions/ renewals (Gildart, Bateman etc)
Maybe they are not being announced because said high profile players are leaving
Perhaps! Wishful thinking on my part I guess
It's starting to get interesting, I recall a post from a while back stating that Rads or IL said there would be some major player changes for the 2019 season, hope it's true and we get some decent new blood in
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

been happy with what i have seen of him so far this year and attitude to come back and not just jack it in is a positive

needs to start to push for a starting spot
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

medlocke wrote:It's starting to get interesting, I recall a post from a while back stating that Rads or IL said there would be some major player changes for the 2019 season, hope it's true and we get some decent new blood in
Sorry Medlocke but to me all this rush of extended contracts which may be fair and good in themselves suggests that most of our current players will still be here for several more years.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ian.birchall wrote:
medlocke wrote:It's starting to get interesting, I recall a post from a while back stating that Rads or IL said there would be some major player changes for the 2019 season, hope it's true and we get some decent new blood in
Sorry Medlocke but to me all this rush of extended contracts which may be fair and good in themselves suggests that most of our current players will still be here for several more years.
And second in the league and an upturn in entertainment, is that such a bad thing?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ian.birchall wrote:
Tomkins and possibly Bateman, Sutton and Gildart, if these go then i would say that is pretty major, also add Tommy Lulu & Joel maybe retiring